Author Topic: Trouble with the Autoloader system?  (Read 3080 times)

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Trouble with the Autoloader system?
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:38:41 AM »
I've noticed a weird problem with the Autoloader system.

I've installed the MgdDbg module which creates a bundle in the ApplicationPlugin map. When AutoCAD starts, the first time I get a Fatal Error, the next time I start AutoCAD, it runs well. Afther that I get a Fatal Error, then the next time not, and so on. It happens in 2012 and the 2013 version.

It is not only this application, I've seen this before with an application I wrote, I tried to load it with this new loading system, but after so many Fatal Errors I quit using this system.

This loading system creates a registry key in the Autoloader registry section pointing to the bundle. When AutoCAD starts, it creates keys in the Applications registry section. While closing AutoCAD, it removes the keys from the Applications section. That is the way it should work.

But, after the keys are placed in the Applications section, I get a Fatal error and the keys are not removed. The next time AutoCAD starts, it finds the keys and that result in loading the application normally. When I close AutoCAD, it removes the keys from the registry. When I start AutoCAD again, the keys are not there so they are placed by the Autoloader system and so I get the Fatal error again.

Is it some problem only I have? Is there someone else with this problem? I am not sure if placing keys in the registry is the problem or something else.

I installed AutoCAD 2013 which places a bundle map somewhere (might be an example?) and also that causes Fatal errors.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

SGP2012

Re: Trouble with the Autoloader system?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
I don't have a solution for you - just replying to say that this is not expected behavior. My team have created and tested 100s of Autoloader bundles for the Exchange store, which have been downloaded by many 1000s of users - and I've never seen a fatal error reported before. Not sure how to go about helping you fix this if you're using a bundle that works on other computers. Do you have any strange user permissions setup on your computer? Any customization of the AutoCAD installation? Do you have a second computer you can also test on? Any more information you can provide about the crash or you system?

Cheers,

Stephen

TheMaster

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
I've noticed a weird problem with the Autoloader system.

I've installed the MgdDbg module which creates a bundle in the ApplicationPlugin map. When AutoCAD starts, the first time I get a Fatal Error, the next time I start AutoCAD, it runs well. Afther that I get a Fatal Error, then the next time not, and so on. It happens in 2012 and the 2013 version.

It is not only this application, I've seen this before with an application I wrote, I tried to load it with this new loading system, but after so many Fatal Errors I quit using this system.

This loading system creates a registry key in the Autoloader registry section pointing to the bundle. When AutoCAD starts, it creates keys in the Applications registry section. While closing AutoCAD, it removes the keys from the Applications section. That is the way it should work.

But, after the keys are placed in the Applications section, I get a Fatal error and the keys are not removed. The next time AutoCAD starts, it finds the keys and that result in loading the application normally. When I close AutoCAD, it removes the keys from the registry. When I start AutoCAD again, the keys are not there so they are placed by the Autoloader system and so I get the Fatal error again.

Is it some problem only I have? Is there someone else with this problem? I am not sure if placing keys in the registry is the problem or something else.

I installed AutoCAD 2013 which places a bundle map somewhere (might be an example?) and also that causes Fatal errors.

If Your AutoCAD installation is customized and is loading other extensions or scripting that does things at startup, then the best course of action would be to temporarily disable everything like that, essentially reverting to an OOTB AutoCAD installation, and then seeing if the problem continues to happen. And, like Stephen mentioned, testing on another PC is usually a good idea as well.

Also, assuming you have the source for the MgdDbg plugin, did you look at the implementation of it's IExtensionApplication.Initialize() method, to see if it is wrapped in a try/catch as it should be?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »

Tony,
there is no try/catch in the App.Initialize.

Huiz,
can't be mre help that to say it works for me Win7 pro acad 2012 and 2013.
Have you tried to isolate the dll so it doesn't autoload ... then netload it ??

Are you using the build in the download ??

Kerry
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 05:25:21 AM »
I have Win7 Pro 64b (Ok, it's a Dell) and Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 and 2013. In both I have problems with the Autoloader system.

Loading the dll from another location is no problem, everything runs fine.

I've tested it with my own application and the MgdDbg module from http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/dwg-debugger-mgddbg-app-for-autocad-20122013.html

Also the standard bundle (probably some example bundle, don't know, I've deleted it) delivered with 2013 gives trouble.

I think it happens within the IExtensionApplication.Initialize where the dll starts something (my application shows a Palette, the MgdDbg adds a submenu). Other applications seem not causing errors.

I'll do a test on other computers next week when I'm back at the office.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:37 AM »

In the mean time you could change the loading to demand loading as I've detailed in another thread here recently
...  I believe the load at Startup if great for the stuff you use all the time and demand load is best for the stuff you don't want hogging your memory  prior to being needed.

Regards

ps. just 'cause it's a Dell can't be the cause. ... Wanda's a Dell and she doesn't complain.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.