Author Topic: Standard DCL question?  (Read 31105 times)

KewlToyZ

Standard DCL question?
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
Is there a term to place on a dialog that insures only one Radio button can be selected?
I separated groups of them using boxed_column which restricts selection in each boxed column.
I was able to designate the first one selected by default using
initial_focus = "a18";
Still looking for another term to do the button restriction.

I'm going to try tricking boxed_column around all of the dialog once.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:01:27 PM by KewlToyZ »

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: Standard DCL question?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
Group the the radio_buttons within a (boxed) row or column.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

KewlToyZ

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Oh ok I'll try boxed_row
boxed_column didn't work ....

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
If you group a set of radio_button tiles beneath a parent radio_cluster tile, only one radio_button will be selectable from those child radio_tiles.

An example:

Code - DCL: [Select]
  1. : radio_cluster
  2. {
  3.     : row
  4.     {
  5.         : column
  6.         {
  7.             : radio_button { key = "key1"; label = "Option 1"; }
  8.             : radio_button { key = "key2"; label = "Option 2"; }
  9.             : radio_button { key = "key3"; label = "Option 3"; }
  10.         }
  11.         : column
  12.         {
  13.             : radio_button { key = "key4"; label = "Option 4"; }
  14.             : radio_button { key = "key5"; label = "Option 5"; }
  15.             : radio_button { key = "key6"; label = "Option 6"; }
  16.         }
  17.     }
  18. }

KewlToyZ

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »
Hmmm not working... maybe I need to find another means to group them so I can sarround it all with boxed_ .....

KewlToyZ

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
Hmmm tried boxed_radio_cluster & boxed_radio_row with no luck.
I may have to change the layout removing the boxed_columns to make them work as a single cluster? I wonder if it's just the ViewDCL.lsp not enforcing it?
I really wanted this in standard DCL because I want to read the code with a simple text editor.

I may have to revert to list boxes, but again, I would still need to enforce only one of those working and the list is too long for a single list box.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:45:29 PM by KewlToyZ »

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »
Oh, I didn't realise you wanted to only permit a single selection across the entire dialog... since the boxed_column tiles are clusters in themselves, I don't think the radio_cluster will permeate through to the radio_buttons.

How about using an updating list_box tile over multiple sets of radio_buttons?

Had a few minutes so put this together as an example:

KewlToyZ

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »
Thanks Lee, I was pondering it as a popup list for each set.
I may just setup each set with its own dialog and use something like a Next button to flip to the next set Dialog (like DCL's version of Tabs) and show the reference table of values next to the Scale selection. Something like this partial I started Below.

If nothing else it acts as a reference guide when people are trying to figure out what they see on their drawings too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:55:34 PM by KewlToyZ »

KewlToyZ

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
Hey Lee, any examples of a radio button setting the list information in a dcl you know of?

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »
Same as Lee's, except for toggle button to set up list box.
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
Hey Lee, any examples of a radio button setting the list information in a dcl you know of?

Not that I know of, so I spent a little time helping you out - try the attached  :-)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
Dang Lee, thank you sir  ;-)
I was just looking for some examples. I haven't read yours yet.
I went and did something based upon a few different examples in a very basic form just to get through it.
I used Irneb's method for adding scales which runs fast the first time but decreases in speed every time it is ran after that.
So I'll post what I did. But for some reason it doesn't seem as fast as before.
That could be because of the volume of scales I am inserting initially.
I just seem to think it ran faster when I first tried Irneb's. Looking through now, it is likely because his broke the scale lists down smaller. Likely reading through yours will shed some light on how I can do that.
But mine seriously tanks even slower than the vb version now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:45:39 PM by KewlToyZ »

KewlToyZ

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Holy crap, you used programmatic extraction for the ratios from the string selection. :-o

KewlToyZ

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »
Wow. That's the entire enchilada Lee  :lmao:

KewlToyZ

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
I have been using this new AutoLoader http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=41576.0;topicseen

Looking through the ACAD_SCALELIST section, when I open the drawing the first time the list seems like it may have everything present just not showing in CANNOSCALE availability. When I run the routine inserting the scales the very first time, it increases the list by about 4x, even though I run a -scalelistedit reset. I run it again, and it gets even larger.
So I think this is why the routine appears to slow down. I'm just wondering how I cleanup the file properly since scalelistedit doesn't do it? If I am reading this right, is this registry entries?

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »
You're very welcome KewlToyZ, I hope you can benefit from the example  :-)

As you've probably gathered, in my example I have only programmed the interface for you and haven't touched the business end of the program. I shall take a look at the methods you are using in your existing program and see if I can offer any suggestions.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
Wow thanks Lee, Make me work for it though kind sir.  :laugh:
I didn't expect a response anytime soon. Your help and ability is truly appreciated.
I am taking my girl friend out to celebrate her completion of her first year at Georgetown Law today.
I just woke up in the middle of the night trying to figure out how to do this program.
I got something sort of working, and you presented a really worthwhile interface. I thank you.

I need to break through the wall in my own head that keeps me from getting a clearer picture with these tasks and the methods for approaching the code progression.
I have some people that ask me for the interface I used to maintain. The previous company did away with the interface entirely after I left. And everyone that used it and worked with me has left too. Now it has become a hobby.
So I periodically pick this thing up and try to noodle around with cleaning up legacy items unnecessary anymore.  I'm not selling anything. I just get paid for doing project setups between engineers and architects on the side. As I said it's more of a hobby anymore.

I wanted to eliminate vb from the app completely and make the maintenance requirements no more demanding than having AutoCAD and a text editor. Between web design and this AutoCAD interface these were really the only programming environments that I actually liked and enjoyed looking at with minimal tools.

I had a thing for ASP.NET and Web Matrix but Visual Studio became such a nightmare to maintain connectivity with and the version changes since 1.1 left me in the dust. I like coming back to something basic in terms of tools like this to learn from and use.

I got to say that solution you made is beautiful!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:47:10 PM by KewlToyZ »

KewlToyZ

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Looking through your interface, and how things worked from my mess of pieces parts,
I'm inclined to save the values from the DCL tiles and execute the scale addition of what is selected to the drawing rather than add all and then select. I'm stepping through it to add the tile values from t1, t2, t3, t4 each to a setq and fire off setvar and commands accordingly.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:08 AM »
While working with these, I'm running into a few things I am seriously lacking.
The first item I ran into; I will need two versions of this.
When I use this with a view port setup routine, the vb version lets me set the view port scale.
The DCL version I am not catching the timing properly and I cannot fire a cannoscale setting from the layout tab without selecting the view port I have just created first. I'm going to go back and see if I am missing an environment call that let me get away with it before.

The second thing I am running into trouble with; I am missing a step in gathering the data from the DCL and applying it.
I look through the code you supplied Lee, I see where you formatted the data for each tile value in the _updatetext function.
Grabbing that snapshot at the proper time is where I am running into a problem and I am guessing I am wrong in my assumption that I can just capture each one as a string to reuse?
I added action tiles for the OK & Cancel buttons and applied a function to simply print those values when I click OK but I error out when I click OK.
The first line I try to print is the scale line and the format I have returned tells me:
Error: bad argument type: FILE "1/8\" = 1'-0\""

I haven't figured out where I missed a call to FILE?

KewlToyZ

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
Essentially what I use for my View Port setup routine is this:

Code: [Select]
(defun c:vpt()
;=============================================================================Turn off command line responses
(command "CMDECHO" 0);DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINE
;=============================================================================

(setq userlayer (getvar "clayer"))
(setq ds2 (getvar "dimscale"))
(setq userview (getvar "ctab"))
(setq myTile (getvar "TILEMODE"))

;(> <NUMB1> <NUMB2>)                      Returns T if <NUMB1>is greater than <NUMB2>.
(if (> 0 myTile)
(prompt "\n   Switching view tab......")
(command "tilemode" 0)
)

(command "-layer" "Make" "G-VIEW-PORT" "Color" "Red" "G-VIEW-PORT" "Plot" "No" "G-VIEW-PORT" "Set" "G-VIEW-PORT" "")

(autoload "setviewscale" '("setviewscale"))
(c:setviewscale)

(princ "\n")
(command "osmode" "523")
(princ "\n")
(command "mview")
(princ "\n")
(command (setq p1 (getpoint "\n   Select first corner of window opening: ")))
(prompt "\n ")
(command (getcorner p1 "\n   Select opposite corner of window opening: "))
(prompt "\n ")
(command "mspace")
(princ "\n")
(command "zoom" "e")
(princ "\n")
(command "zoom" "c")
(princ "\n")
(command (getpoint "\n   Select center of view:"))
(princ "\n")
(command (strcat "1/" (rtos (getvar "dimscale") 2 0) "xp"))
(princ "\n")
    (command "pspace")
    (princ "\n")
(setvar "psltscale" 0)
(princ "\n")
(prompt "\n   DIMSCALE returning to original setting. ")
(princ "\n")
(setvar "dimscale" ds2)

;=============================================================================Turn off command line responses
(command "CMDECHO" 1);DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINE
;=============================================================================
(prompt "\n   Returning view and layer.....")
(command "ctab" userview)
(command "clayer" userlayer)
(prompt "\n   View and layer returned!")
(princ)
)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »
I don't want a finished solution.
I just need to be told where my mistakes are and directed toward approaching the solution.
 :ugly:

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
Hi KewlToyz,

Just to let you know that I am not ignoring this thread, but haven't had a chance to take a look at the program as yet.

I thank you for your compliments for the program  :-)

Lee

KewlToyZ

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
No worries Mr. Lee  :kewl:

I was reading through your web site, trying to understand what I can and lookup what I don't know.
You are a seriously busy guy.
A lot of the code in this interface you made really goes beyond what I understand.
Mainly in how you made the DCL actively update.
At what point am I actively able to access values.
What format I am actually getting versus what I need.
I'm going through trying to figure out each component and how it progresses towards the next.
I did not think replacing vb with dcl was going to be this complicated, but I wanted to know.
So I am trying to get my head around this. I appreciate the lessons.

I am catching a few reasons why my view port routine didn't work just testing my lame dcl routine, I was not actively updating the dimscale, and I was not in mspace when invoking the command. So I am working that out somewhat.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:04:29 PM by KewlToyZ »

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
Hi KewlToyZ,

I spent a bit of time looking over your modifcations to the original 'scale.lsp' and 'scale.dcl' files and I can see what you were trying to achieve - you were receiving the 'FILE' error because you were supplying the princ function with essentially two string parameters, rather than using strcat to concatenate these strings to a single string to be printed, hence the princ function was assuming the second string was the file argument, resulting in an error.

Anyway, to make things clearer for you, I took some time this evening to go through the original files and comment / explain each line in turn (hopefully somewhat clearly) so that you can get a better picture of what is going on at each stage of the program (I typed it rather quick, so there may be typo's!). I have also tweaked the DCL definition as I see that you preferred to use columns over rows, so that everything should now line up a little more cleanly. You can find both of the updated files attached in this post for your perusal; if you have any questions about my comments, or need a section explained in more detail or in a different direction, just ask and I'll try my best to put something together for you. By the way, when studying the program files, ensure you are using the VLIDE (or another code editor, such as Notepad++, so that the comments are easily distinguishable from the code).

I hope that you found my website beneficial to your learning; unfortunately there aren't too many tutorials on there at the moment, since tutorials take a ton of time to plan, design, structure and write, so I have only gotten around to writing a few of them covering the topics that I feel are most frequently asked / most useful. As you've probably noticed, I also don't tend to comment my code too often, so it's probably not the best learning aid, though, all the functions and programs should at least be documented to some degree on each page with a few examples to demonstrate.

I hope this helps!

KewlToyZ

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
Thanks Lee!! I'll read through it for sure right now.
I messed with my MPL.lsp routine and added the reactor to set dimscale & ltscale from the CANNOSCALE.
But your system would be much smoother in format without slamming every thing in to select one item.

Thank you, those descriptions are much better and clearer than the ones I was making to figure it out.
The _list function had me scratching my head quite a bit.
That and the or function for setq p with the string positions.
While short they confused me a bit how they functioned.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:22:15 PM by KewlToyZ »

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »
Thanks Lee!! I'll read through it for sure right now.
I messed with my MPL.lsp routine and added the reactor to set dimscale & ltscale from the CANNOSCALE.
But your system would be much smoother in format without slamming every thing in to select one item.

Thank you, those descriptions are much better and clearer than the ones I was making to figure it out.
The _list function had me scratching my head quite a bit.
That and the or function for setq p with the string positions.
While short they confused me a bit how they functioned.

dear sir

error

Command: mpl

Scale list being loaded, Please be patient......

** Command not allowed in Model Tab **

32 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....
; error: no function definition: SET_TILE_LIST
Every time we waste electricity, we put our planet's future in the dark. Let's turn around our attiude and start saving power and our planet, before it's too late
http://www.theswamp.org/donate.html

KewlToyZ

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »
Hey Sam, Let me know what version of AutoCAD you are using.
I did a few corrections.
Check these out:

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
Hey Sam, Let me know what version of AutoCAD you are using.
I did a few corrections.
Check these out:

Dear sir

I am using autocad 2012

same error again

mspace
** Command not allowed in Model Tab **

Command:

0 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....
Every time we waste electricity, we put our planet's future in the dark. Let's turn around our attiude and start saving power and our planet, before it's too late

KewlToyZ

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Hey Sam, I did change the mspace call to an if statement today.
It's not perfect but fits my needs for other routines.
There is the issue of re-using this with other routines I haven't addressed because it would be a complete re-write of my approach I'm not sure how to address yet. I was curious how you are trying to apply this?
The reason being, if the user runs the routine in mspace or model space it works fine.
If the user runs the command with Tilemode = 0 though, CANNOSCALE can only be ran in model space. Cannoscale is in read only when in PSPACE. I've setup the scales routine to be used in the same scenario without shoving all possible scales into it, but I need to re-write based on the same specifics vs. just simply getting it to work.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
What I was showing with the VPT command routine, was that the MPL can be applied to set the VPORT scale. In modelspace its global, with VPT it is view port specific.

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
What I was showing with the VPT command routine, was that the MPL can be applied to set the VPORT scale. In modelspace its global, with VPT it is view port specific.

Command: vpt

ACAD & Custom linetypes are loaded with General Layers!!
Error - linetype load failed for SML-DASH2
#<%catch-all-apply-error%>
#<%catch-all-apply-error%>

Select first corner of window opening:

Select opposite corner of window opening:

16 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....

Command:
Command: *Cancel*

Command: MPL

0 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....

KewlToyZ

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:55 PM »
Ahh forgot about the custom line types.
And You don't seem to have the MPL.dcl file loading?

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 02:23:42 AM »

dear sir,
 same error again
Command: VPT
CMDECHO
Enter new value for CMDECHO <1>: 0

32 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....

Command:   <Switching to: Model>
Restoring cached viewports.

mspace set.

0 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....
one more attachments to be cont...

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:28 AM »
last attachments

KewlToyZ

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »

dear sir,
 same error again
Command: VPT
CMDECHO
Enter new value for CMDECHO <1>: 0

32 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....

Command:   <Switching to: Model>
Restoring cached viewports.

mspace set.

0 scales added
 My Scale List Begins....
one more attachments to be cont...

I cannot duplicate the SET_TILE_LIST error in 2012?
Are you using an annotative drawing template?
Annotative Scales could be preventing this from working.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »
Check these variables in your drawing for me.

(command "ANNOTATIVEDWG" 0)   ; Specifies whether or not the drawing will behave as an annotative block when inserted into another drawing - 0 = False
; 0    Nonannotative
; 1    Annotative
; Note   The ANNOTATIVEDWG system variable becomes read-only if the drawing contains annotative objects.

;  (princ "\n")
(command "ANNOAUTOSCALE" -4)
;   Updates annotative objects to support the annotation scale when the annotation scale is changed.
;   When the value is negative, the autoscale functionality is turned off, but the settings are maintained:
; 1   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, locked or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -1    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 1.
; 2   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -2    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 2.
; 3   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are locked.
; -3   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 3.
; 4   Adds the newly set annotation scale to all annotative objects that support the current scale.
; -4    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 4.

(command "ANNOALLVISIBLE" 1)   ;   Hides or displays annotative objects that do not support the current annotation scale.
;   The ANNOALLVISIBLE setting is saved individually for model space and each layout.
;   Note   When ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1, annotative objects that support more than one scale will only display one scale representation.
;   0   Only annotative objects that support the current annotation scale are displayed
;   1    All annotative objects are displayed

Sam

• Bull Frog
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
Check these variables in your drawing for me.

(command "ANNOTATIVEDWG" 0)   ; Specifies whether or not the drawing will behave as an annotative block when inserted into another drawing - 0 = False
; 0    Nonannotative
; 1    Annotative
; Note   The ANNOTATIVEDWG system variable becomes read-only if the drawing contains annotative objects.

;  (princ "\n")
(command "ANNOAUTOSCALE" -4)
;   Updates annotative objects to support the annotation scale when the annotation scale is changed.
;   When the value is negative, the autoscale functionality is turned off, but the settings are maintained:
; 1   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, locked or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -1    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 1.
; 2   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -2    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 2.
; 3   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are locked.
; -3   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 3.
; 4   Adds the newly set annotation scale to all annotative objects that support the current scale.
; -4    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 4.

(command "ANNOALLVISIBLE" 1)   ;   Hides or displays annotative objects that do not support the current annotation scale.
;   The ANNOALLVISIBLE setting is saved individually for model space and each layout.
;   Note   When ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1, annotative objects that support more than one scale will only display one scale representation.
;   0   Only annotative objects that support the current annotation scale are displayed
;   1    All annotative objects are displayed

dear sir
chk variables
Command: ANNOAUTOSCALE

Enter new value for ANNOAUTOSCALE <-4>: *Cancel*

Command: ANNOALLVISIBLE

Enter new value for ANNOALLVISIBLE <1>: *Cancel*

Command: ANNOTATIVEDWG

Enter new value for ANNOTATIVEDWG <0>: *Cancel*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:18:57 AM by Sam »