Author Topic: need help with engineering question  (Read 914 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
need help with engineering question
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
dear sirs,please see the attachment.I need help for calculator the resistance of irregular pattern, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:40:03 AM by CAB »


  • Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Posts: 16838
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
I don't understand the question.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on @kblackie


  • Water Moccasin
  • Posts: 1794
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: need help with engineering question
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:04:51 AM »
Yep, this sounds much more like an electrical / electronic engineering question than something to do with lisp. You need to get the formula first, only then can you use lisp to calculate that formula.

I'm just guessing here (as I'm no engineer), but as this is a cross section - would a simple area be sufficient (i.e. get area of shape then substitute into the formula as S). Perhaps there's a lot more to it than that - and that's why you'd need someone better versed in such calculations.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.