Author Topic: C3D 2013 bug  (Read 13668 times)

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
C3D 2013 bug
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
I thought I would share this in case someone else runs into this bug. For a while I thought I was loosing my mind...
After some testing and conversaton with Autodesk tech support - we confirmed an interesting bug in C3D 2013.

In a dwg with a UCS other than World, after switching to a layout tab, then back to the model tab, the model space will zoom and sometimes change orientation. A PLAN - CURRENT will return it to normal, but it's very odd and annoying.

I love beta testing :)
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: C3D 2013 bug
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
In a dwg with a UCS other than World ...
Why do you have a UCS that isn't World? I've never had the need for changing the USC at all. :)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:04:08 AM »
Why do you have a UCS that isn't World? I've never had the need for changing the USC at all. :)

I usually have viewports that are rotated, so I usually set the UCS to match so my text and leaders align with the layout...
If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears (as long as it doesn't involve annotating in paper space...).
Thanks
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »

I usually have viewports that are rotated, so I usually set the UCS to match so my text and leaders align with the layout...
If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears (as long as it doesn't involve annotating in paper space...).
Thanks
dview twist....
maxvport

and if you are using C3D notes and labels they will automatically adjust to you view orientation(s)

we need to get you into class.....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »

Thanks
dview twist....
maxvport

and if you are using C3D notes and labels they will automatically adjust to you view orientation(s)

we need to get you into class.....

Where would I find C3D notes? That sounds promising.
Currently, I use mainly mleaders...
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
Settings Tab of the Prospector....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
Thanks!
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
Downsides to using Notes....Change the Style = lose the Text override, Copy to another drawing = lose the Text override, no multileader option.

I still use them, you just need to be aware of these.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »
Thanks for that.

On a side note - on the switch to 2013, I also finally caved in and accepted the ribbon (I had a custom set of toolbars for the last several years). I'm getting used to it I guess.
But does anyone know a way to stop it from automatically switching the visible ribbon bar based on what object I select? I HATE that. I want my stuff to be where I left it...
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
the context switching is really being done to your benefit...really

also I never thought of turning it off?

RIBBONCONTEXTSELECT

it seems there is no OFF
just varing shades of ON
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »
Thanks again

I'm sure it is for typical folks. My workflow is a bit wierd I think...
(I don't actually do civil design, but rather work with tree protection and assesing tree impacts from construction plans...)
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

sinc

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 01:51:51 AM »
I'm obviously a fan of the Sincpac-C3D, as its creator...

But one feature is that it lets you create Annotatve MText/MLeaders/Dimensions that match your DViewTWist..  Makes life SO MUCH simpler in most cases.  But this involves third-party support, as mentioned earlier in this post...  This is one of the "minor" additions of our software, which can still save you so much time that it pays for itself.  There are dozens of other additions that provide a far greater benefit.  We constantly get feedback from users that they wish Autodesk would include our functionality in the default release of C3D, because it is so much easier to use C3D with the Sincpac-C3D. than to use C3D by itself.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:58 AM »
AutoCAD itself has also the ability to scale objects and match their orientation to the current view. Blocks, texts, mtexts, leaders, all these objects can be set annotative.

Only thing to remember is to use middle center alignment of texts, and NOT setting your north arrow to match orientation :-)

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
I've never had much luck with that. If I remember, it doesn't work correctly with dynamic blocks (most of my blocks are dynamic).
I've never been able to make it work for mleaders either, especially ones with block content... maybe I'm just missing something.
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023