Author Topic: Profile  (Read 1642 times)

BlueMoon

« on: June 05, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
I put my profile on our network for a co worker to use but when he applys it nothing changes.  Any thoughts on why this might happen?

Thanks,
BM

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
Re: Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Define "profile" and "nothing changes", or there will be some WAGs.

If this is an ARG file using the /p start-up switch and a profile of that name already exists, then AutoCAD will ignore the contents of the ARG file even if they are different than whats on the computer.  Good for initial set-up, not so good for ongoing maintenance.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

BlueMoon

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
This is under "Options\Profiles" I exported mine to place on the network using a different profile name than mine.  It is an .ARG extension.  We have used this before and not had any problems.  The "no change" on his computer is that it does not accept the new profile.  His screen remains the same as before the import.

BM

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

Methinks you're dabbling with modifying the profile, when you really want to modify the Workspace.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

BlueMoon

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
"Methinks you're dabbling with modifying the profile, when you really want to modify the Workspace"

I thinks you're right.  Not sure what we did but trying different things in the workspace customization area caused things to start lighting up.  Thanks for the direction.  I won't be able to remember what we did but at least we'll know where to start looking if it happens again.

BM

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »

Happy to help, and good luck!  :-)
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."