Author Topic: Creating a framework for AutoCAD .NET  (Read 6905 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: Creating a framework for AutoCAD .NET
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 01:32:46 AM »
...I coud be an idiot...

lulzy timing for a spelling mistake lol
To confirm this I was lmaf that I misspelled idiot then look at it for a second, googled it, copied and pasted to make sure used same spelling then finally noticed "coud"

< .. >  or Autodesk just does not produce documentation with that in mind or is over my head but seems hard to get a basic understanding how many things tie together and seems tough to figure what would be beneficial or not.

< .. >

preaching to the choir Jeff.
... but be carefull, questioning the quality of documentation can send one into a depressing downward spiral  :|
I am surprised you do not hear more people bitching. Instead of code examples it would be nice have an explanation of the basics for the major components of the API and to their suprise maybe we could decide what the best decision is to accomplish a task.

Thanks Tony,

As you know you must fully have a understanding or master the fundamentals and basics of subject to truly understand something, and that is where I am falling short.
I coud be an idiot or Autodesk just does not produce documentation with that in mind or is over my head but seems hard to get a basic understaniding how many things tie together and seems tough to figure what would be beneficial or not.

As of right now I have a AcdbMgdExtensions.dll, AcCoreExtensions.dll, & AcMgdExtensions.dll, where I have been placing extension classes in same namespace as the class it adds extensions to.

My recommendation is to use extension methods wherever possible, in preference to dedicated wrappers. In fact, the Linq2Lisp library I recently started updating originally used many dedicated wrapper types. The library itself is about 6 years old and predates extension methods, and even after extension methods were introduced the library still had to run on older runtimes that didn't support extension methods). In the latest revision I've done away with the majority of the wrappers, replacing them with extension methods.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
Anybody has tried to use (for testing) a my little DLL? :)

P.S. I have tested it on my virtual machines with AutoCAD 2009-2013 as admin, and as user. I hope that the code will work and for other programmers.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:28:15 AM by Andrey »

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 02:54:52 AM »
On the basis of this library such small animal is born: