Author Topic: Is there any way to change the keyboard "Esc" key to another key?  (Read 17891 times)

Faster

Hi ,all , Is there any way to change the keyboard "Esc" key to another key, such as "0", and when  the program is running, I can click "0" key to the stop program,Just like  the key "Esc" ? thanks.

danallen

Faster

Re: Is there any way to change the keyboard "Esc" key to another key?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
For windows and your machine only - Keytweak
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/how-do-i-remap-my-keyboard-with-keytweak/861
Thank you!That is a good way.
But I just want to know how to use  Lisp program to achieve the function.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »
Don't think so. I can't imagine a key-binding from lisp (not even DotNet/ARX) - especially the Esc key. Those things are governed by the operating system, not ACad. All acad can do is read the key event windows sends it, and then perform a function on it. Unfortunately the Esc key is a special case which errors out all lisp code - for the others you might try grread (though it doesn't work on all keys).
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

Faster

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:25 AM »
Don't think so. I can't imagine a key-binding from lisp (not even DotNet/ARX) - especially the Esc key. Those things are governed by the operating system, not ACad. All acad can do is read the key event windows sends it, and then perform a function on it. Unfortunately the Esc key is a special case which errors out all lisp code - for the others you might try grread (though it doesn't work on all keys).
Thank you very much for your reply. :-)