Author Topic: Possible to copy text field expressions to ther objects?  (Read 3869 times)

econnerly

• Newt
Possible to copy text field expressions to ther objects?
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:39:26 AM »
Have a site plan that Im putting together for 100+ lots. Need to show some statistical data on the title sheet and one of them is impervious area to total lot area, expressed as a percentage. I wanted to label these lots using field text associated to the closed polylines of the lots. Then I can do the same for the footprint of the houses (impervious areas) and I have a lisp to quickly decide the numbers for my percentages.

I know I can paste the expression field into each lot text; but that means I would be doing this many times. Is there a way I could just copy the field expression of one lot around and pick on the new polyline to associate it with?

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Possible to copy text field expressions to ther objects?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »
I know I can paste the expression field into each lot text; but that means I would be doing this many times. Is there a way I could just copy the field expression of one lot around and pick on the new polyline to associate it with?

Instead of copying a field expression with the intention to link it to a new object, it would be easier for a program to prompt the user to select an object, then construct the field expression to be used.

econnerly

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
Instead of copying a field expression with the intention to link it to a new object, it would be easier for a program to prompt the user to select an object, then construct the field expression to be used.

Exactly. I was wondering if anyone knew or had something to  do this. I don't nearly have the skills that you have Lee.
BTW... That your bike in your pic? I just picked up a 07 R1 this past weekend. Love it!

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
Exactly. I was wondering if anyone knew or had something to do this. I don't nearly have the skills that you have Lee.

Unfortunately, I don't already have such a program, but I could certainly write one for you (for a small fee). If you are interested, shoot me an email through my site and we can discuss it further.

BTW... That your bike in your pic? I just picked up a 07 R1 this past weekend. Love it!

I wish :lol:  This is what I ride  :-)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »
Entmake fields ( if I understand correctly )

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=20446.msg420495#msg420495
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »

You mean like this? http://caddons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/caddons/General/DimUtils.LSP?revision=62&view=markup
Line 273 - DimArea command.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.