Author Topic: New Workstation Icon Problem  (Read 3178 times)

craigr

New Workstation Icon Problem
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
We have MANY custom Icons, (more than Standard I think).

My HD went bad on this workstation so after getting a new HD and reinstalling Win7 & other software, I came to my CAD LT 2013. It installed fine. Then I migrated settings from a backup date 08-31-12. Of course I copied the Icons folder to it's previous location also. BUT, approx 30 or so Icons aren't showing up when I start CAD.

Before I go thru the process of reasigning them, do any of you have an easy way to get them back?

Of course I have rebooted, (many times today), and those reboots had no effect.

craigr

M-dub

Re: New Workstation Icon Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Have you had a look at your support paths?

craigr

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »
Oops, of course I should've mentioned it in my previous post.....

All of the Support paths HAVE been setup. WITH the 'Icons' folder at the top of the list. I have set up several workstations with LT 2013 on Win7 and this is the first time I have had this problem.

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:56:02 PM »
Check the CUI and look at the missing icon locations for the specific commands. I have had autocad copy my icons to TP directories and such even though the icon I created was in the icons folder. no big deal til you migrate, then the link is broken.
BUT, if you did bring them over its just a matter of pointing the CUI to the right icon file.

Give it a shot anyway
CadJockey Militia Commander

craigr

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »
Yes, I know about the CUI part, but since there are so many, I was hoping for a more simple solution.

I Know, I'm lazy.

Thanks anyway.

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
In the catagory of do not try this at home... open the cui in an xml editor and use find and replace once you figure out where it remapped to....   but back up first and your on your own if your crazy enough to listen to me =)
CadJockey Militia Commander

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
In the catagory of do not try this at home... open the cui in an xml editor and use find and replace once you figure out where it remapped to....   but back up first and your on your own if your crazy enough to listen to me =)

I second this option....I've done it myself with hard-coded block paths.