Author Topic: Pipes Catalog  (Read 8436 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Pipes Catalog
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »

What is a Stantec:?

Stantec is a Canadien Company that I used to work for, a global Engineering Company. 
[/quote]
Isn't Canadian, and Global an oxymoron?

Eh? 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

bdough15

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »

Stantec is a Canadien Company that I used to work for, a global Engineering Company. 
Isn't Canadian, and Global an oxymoron?

Eh?
[/quote]

I guess I should say that they are a Global Company who has it's headquarters located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth.

I see Mr. Farrell is still very touchy about verbage! :lol:

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
I guess I should say that they are a Global Company who has it's headquarters located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth.

I see Mr. Farrell is still very touchy about verbage! :lol:

... You're lucky that he's not touchy about spelling too.  :lol:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

StykFacE

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
I have a strong background in AMEP and the OOTB catalog that comes with AMEP is superior in my opinion. It's one area that I give Autodesk a lot of credit on in providing that much trade-specific content. QTO can come very easily if using AMEP.  :kewl:

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »
I agree, Styk - I've now had multiple conversations with Autodesk staff and developers with whom I've been discussing some ideas for future versions of Civil 3D. AMEP functionality is a big point of interest.

One of the many things that is lacking is a built-in application for merging, or transferring items between two pipes (or more accurately parts) catalogs. Think of the transfer tab of the CUI Editor.

Basically, I'm working on hosting a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF, XAML) User Control within an AutoCAD Tool Palette, that will allow the user to graphically drag and drop Chapters or items of an .APC (read XML) file, and programmatically move/copy the associated .DWG/.XML/.DLL files automagically.

There's still the separate issue of Autodesk needing to enhance (or replace) the existing part builder/parametric modeler interface; but I can only deal with one problem at a time. :lol:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

StykFacE

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »
There's still the separate issue of Autodesk needing to enhance (or replace) the existing part builder/parametric modeler interface; but I can only deal with one problem at a time. :lol:
Agreed!! Now that I'm getting much more experience in Family creation in Revit I cringe at the thought of opening up the AutoCAD vertical product's version of the parametric modeling editor. Granted, apples and oranges here in the approach of making parametric components. Revit was built on a much different intuitive foundation, but I gotta say, creating parametric content in Revit is light years ahead of AutoCAD's IMHO.