Author Topic: font foul  (Read 6796 times)

zobi

font foul
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:15:50 PM »
I bought a font, a nice, new TT font, and installed it, but ADT 2004 will not display it (!)  When I insert text with mtext and go to edit it, I CAN SEE THE FONT in the text formatting box!  It's THERE, Autocad knows it's there, but when I click OK it disappears- and returns to the default lame font, as though it needed a substitute.
What gives?  Has anybody seen anything like this?
Thanks--

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
font foul
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:54:15 PM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

zobi

font funk
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:01:31 AM »
holy smokes.  thanks for the lead, but nobody knows!
I tried this on another computer, in another place, and had the exact same results: in the font list, can be selected, when edited appears to be valid, when back in the model, it reverts to lame font.  It is the most bizarre thing.  More?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
font foul
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 08:24:39 AM »
I have had a problem similiar to that.  I had to move the TT font into the Acad font directory, and it worked fine after that.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

zobi

font foul
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 01:28:31 PM »
thanks!

(duh) how do I do that?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
font foul
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 01:40:41 PM »
copy / paste from whereever you put the font (c:\Windows\fonts\   maybe) to c:\acad2005\fonts\ or whatever your path
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

zobi

font foul
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »
all of the files in the acad font folder are .shx fonts...mine is a .ttf font.  i tried it , and no go.  other suggestions?

zobi

font foul
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 10:58:35 PM »
hi folks,
me again...I still can't resolve this issue.  I don't know enough to know what I don't know, you know?
can I/ should I convert the font somehow?
thanks--