Author Topic: Change the shortcut commands  (Read 2395 times)

MUQTAR

Change the shortcut commands
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
Hi friends,

can we change the shortcut commands (like a m2p, mid, end, etc.) of osnap when using other commands in autocad 2012.
i want to change them to one latter is it possible.
thanking you, 

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

MUQTAR

Re: Change the shortcut commands
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
using CUI we can change by function keys but i need only one latter command like
if using dimension i need end point i should be type "e" like this way can we change them

thanks for reply,

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:31:37 AM »
using CUI we can change by function keys but i need only one latter command like
if using dimension i need end point i should be type "e" like this way can we change them

thanks for reply,
Not one letter shortcuts (except for the F## keys). You'd need modifier keys as well. E.g. I've got M2P mapped to Ctrl+M on my keyboard. The problem is there's already some mapped and you don't want to overwrite them when they're usefull (e.g. changing the Ctrl+P for Plot to Perp might hamper you when plotting).

You might try other modifiers like Alt, or even combine modifiers like Ctrl+Shift / Ctrl+Alt / Alt+Shift ... but then it becomes a 3 key press and your hand starts contorting into weird shapes.

Even if you could create aliases for such through your PGP file, you'd still need to press at least 2 keys (The key itself, then Space/Enter). This is the main reason I prefer Tablet / extra KeyPad.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
... The problem is there's already some mapped and you don't want to overwrite them when they're usefull (e.g. changing the Ctrl+P for Plot to Perp might hamper you when plotting).

It would be interesting to experiment with reactors to see if these settings (within CUI) could be programmatically modified immediately after :vlr-CommandWillStart Event, and restored upon :vlr-CommandCanceled, or :vlr-CommandEnded, etc...? If successful, this would allow the separation of in-command (i.e. OSNAPS), versus stand-alone settings (i.e. Ctrl+P). *geek*  :lol:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
Very good idea RM! Though my brain's not into reactors at this moment. I'm just starting back from the fog of the past vacation  :lmao:

Edit: Just figured it's not going to be a lisp thing. There's only methods for handling menu bars, toolbars and pop-up menus in lisp. So here's yet another thing for DotNet!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:38:30 AM by irneb »
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
Very good idea RM! Though my brain's not into reactors at this moment. I'm just starting back from the fog of the past vacation  :lmao:

Tell me about it - I'm taking this whole week off too (in addition to the week for Christmas) to pack & move us! LoL A few forum posts is my java. :lol:

Edit: Just figured it's not going to be a lisp thing. There's only methods for handling menu bars, toolbars and pop-up menus in lisp. So here's yet another thing for DotNet!

A simple .NET LispFunction Method with the appropriate arguments *should* do this nicely. :wink:

Pseudo Code:

Code: [Select]
(someNetFooLispFunction '(("CuiName". "optionName") ;|more options here|;))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:20:01 AM by RenderMan »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."