Author Topic: Word wrap changes  (Read 1267 times)

CaddmannQ

Word wrap changes
« on: December 14, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »
I'm sure there are a few things involved here, but sometimes when taking a drawing from AutoCAD 2011 to 2007, the words will wrap differently in paragraph text. This is really annoying if it causes the text to lap over a leader or some other object.

Both machines have the same exact fonts available in the fonts folder.

Any ideas?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Word wrap changes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
I'm sure you checked the Text Style Height, Oblique Angle and Width Factor. Right?

Are the two machines using the same font file or just a font file of the same name?
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

nivuahc

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:33 AM »
Are the two machines using the same font file or just a font file of the same name?

Exactly what I was thinking. I've been bitten by this very thing before.

CaddmannQ

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
I'm sure you checked the Text Style Height, Oblique Angle and Width Factor. Right?

Yep. We're all using the same prototype drawing for the styles, and (in theory) got our fonts from the same file folder, but I will check to see if there's an exact match. Should be, as this is a font we added characters to, starting with Romans.shx, and it's now called romans4.shx.

Hey I just had another thought. Maybe this only happens when leaders and text are "linked" (or not) so I'll have to check that.