Author Topic: Notepad++ for LISP heads  (Read 47085 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: Notepad++ for LISP heads
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »
maybe the next time you pass by you should do that
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

VovKa

• Water Moccasin
  • Ukraine
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:08 AM »
it seems that 'User defined language' doesn't support 'Fold/Unfold' :(

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 03:34:53 AM »
it seems that 'User defined language' doesn't support 'Fold/Unfold' :(
Yep, that's one of the gripes I have with N++. I just use the built-in lisp language and add the keywords to that. There's only 3 reasons I can state as absolute musts for using N++ over VLIDE: (1) folding, (2) regex search & replace, (3) html formatted export. So if one of those aren't available, N++ is next to useless for me - but now I use the SciTE editor, thus far so good.

I don't use the AutoComplete - I'd rather want something like you get in Visual Studio (i.e. a drop-down of available functions / variables as you type). Perhaps something using the Scintilla's AutoComplete/CallTip. Wish they implemented SciTE with that ... perhaps I'd look into trying it on for size.

BTW, anyone used an editor which can export to forum formatting instead of HTML? The HTML works "fine" until you edit a post, then you loose indents and line-breaks ... for some reason  :ugly: . Would have been great if the forum used similar code to the GeSHi package of MediaWiki. It already has a cadlisp code type which formats AutoLisp specific - thus you just need to copy the code as is, no pre-formatting required.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
BTW, anyone used an editor which can export to forum formatting instead of HTML? The HTML works "fine" until you edit a post, then you loose indents and line-breaks ... for some reason  :ugly: . Would have been great if the forum used similar code to the GeSHi package of MediaWiki. It already has a cadlisp code type which formats AutoLisp specific - thus you just need to copy the code as is, no pre-formatting required.

Lee has a routine that will convert LISP to BBC, etc. - but it was written from the context of using VLIDE. As it is a LISP itself (this routine), you'd still need to launch ACAD to invoke.

I wonder how hard it would be to write a BBC equivalent .NET application to that of WLSPHTML.exe ...?

As for GeSHi; we actually looked into that here at TheSwamp a while back; it wasn't 100%, and for various reasons decided not to move forward with that. Among multiple tasks, one item if functionality were hoping to incorporate is the ability to colorize the contents contained in the [CODE ] tags, etc.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 07:41:34 AM »

Lee has a routine that will convert LISP to BBC, etc. - but it was written from the context of using VLIDE. As it is a LISP itself (this routine), you'd still need to launch ACAD to invoke.

LISP Styler

Based on code by Evgeniy  :-)

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:42 AM »

LISP Styler

Based on code by Evgeniy  :-)

*Tips hat to Evgeniy*
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
Since we're naming our personal text editor preferences...I use Vim ('nuff said).  I don't "have to use other editors for this or that", EVER. I use Vim. All other editors to me are nothing but toys. There is a reason why a lot of IDE's have some sort of (or try to incorporate) a "Vim Mode". "hjkl" for life baby!

*smile*
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 10:33:22 AM »
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »
Yeah, you're right MP. You U.E., N++, guys have enough editors you have to use/learn to finish ONE thing. Besides, its not nice of me to brag.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »
lol, your arrogant need to exploit every single opportunity to float vim pollution is kinda pathetic.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
 :-D
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:17 AM »
*BLINK-BLINK* Okay, that caught me off guard. Are you being serious?!

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Well, then, I apologize.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Quote from: Godwin's Law
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler Vim approaches 1."

FTFY