Author Topic: HELP! 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' is driving me crazy!  (Read 6222 times)

Viktor

HELP! 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' is driving me crazy!
« on: January 05, 2010, 02:46:33 PM »
Ok, i'm lost now. I have converted and upgraded an application that we use in house to .net so that it can be run on 64 and 32 bit systems. I have realized that I have to compile on a 64bit os in order for dll to work on 64bit autocad install, am I correct?
Well, this application uses access database heavily, and now I'm running into this "'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine" issue. I've looked around and the only way to get it to run (assuming I do have the driver installed) is to compile as x86. But won't it not work with AutoCad 64bit then? What's the deal?

On xp, and office 2007, 32bit, everything works great. I go to a new box with 64bit win7, office 2007, installed the data driver and still get this issue.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Viktor.

Viktor

Re: HELP! 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' is driving me crazy!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »
Take a look at this page
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

~'J'~

Yea, i've installed that already, what it does not say is that its only compatible in 32bit mode, but you can't run it if you're running withing 64bit autocad.

fixo

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
Just interesting why are you not using JET.OLEDB instead
(I haven't A2010 on my machine)

~'J'~

Viktor

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
Just interesting why are you not using JET.OLEDB instead
(I haven't A2010 on my machine)

~'J'~

I don't believe jet.oledb is supported in 64bit either, but let me verify that for sure.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »

My reading indicates that JET is not available in x64.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Viktor

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

Here's the word.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957570

Yep, was just reading that same article, so i guess access is quickly going to have to be changed out. This makes total sense why vertical autocad applications that use access (like electrical) do not provide a 64bit version.

Well, this totally stinks. I guess for me I'll have to use plain xml files for data storage since mssql is out of the question (thanks IT) and with it all other databases. :cry:

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
Viktor
Have a look at SQLite.
There are a couple of threads here about it.
.. and .MDB files can be converted easily.

There is a C# wrapper available.
... and it's all open source and free of cost.

Viktor

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »
Viktor
Have a look at SQLite.
There are a couple of threads here about it.
.. and .MDB files can be converted easily.

There is a C# wrapper available.
... and it's all open source and free of cost.

Thanks Kerry, I have actually considered SQLite, but after weighing in all the options I realized that I'm not using any of the database features with in this project, I am basically storing static data, no relationships, no queries inside of it, no triggers, nothing like that. So I just exported out the tables to xml files, and in the code I just read xml into a dataset without much changes. I use linq to query the dataset instead of passing a query into the database.

But I will use sqlite for another project that will be running into this issue as well. It sounds promissing.

Thanks for the tip Kerry.

Viktor.

Locke

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
Take a look at this page
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

~'J'~

Yea, i've installed that already, what it does not say is that its only compatible in 32bit mode, but you can't run it if you're running withing 64bit autocad.

Sorry to drag up another old thread (seems to be a habit of mine lately), but there's a workaround for this.

x64 bit ODBC drivers typically don't install when Office x86 is installed.

Solution:
  • Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255
  • Install AccessDatabaseEngine.exe as administrator (if you don't already have it)
  • Install AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe as administrator using the /passive commandline switch
  • Remove the 'mso.dll' entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\FilesPaths
  • Setup a new ODBC connection using the x64-bit ODBC manager (C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe), and verify the ACEODBC drivers now show up properly.
  • Create a new data source in AutoCAD using 'DBCONNECT', using the OLEDB provider, and select the connection you created in the previous step.
  • Clap sarcastically at Microsoft's absolute failure with this.

GumbyCAD

• Newt
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 03:57:48 AM »
Microsoft have made it real hard..... The trick was to install 64bit Office with 64bit OS and then install the 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' Driver from microsoft.

As soon as you add 32bit in the mix all things go nuts.

I do believe their is a Registry hack you can do to trick the install

Locke

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:41 AM »
Microsoft have made it real hard..... The trick was to install 64bit Office with 64bit OS and then install the 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' Driver from microsoft.

As soon as you add 32bit in the mix all things go nuts.

I do believe their is a Registry hack you can do to trick the install

Yeah, that's what I posted.