Author Topic: Is it possible or workaround xrefing paper space layout info  (Read 1272 times)

jaydee

Is it possible or workaround xrefing paper space layout info
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:39:41 AM »
Hi.
Some cad department prefer to put certain info on the paper space layout, such as text, leaders, dimensions etc.
For us, we need to xrefing this drawing and prefer to have the layout info come with it.
I know CHSPACE, but not allow to touch this drawing and avoid duplicate this drawing cause will loose the auto updates.
I understand that its not possible within the autocad environment.

Is anyone know an effective way of work around?

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Is it possible or workaround xrefing paper space layout info
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »
I'm sorry, don't think it's possible. Definitely not through ACad. Closest I can think of is to use the ExportLayout command to generate a new DWG for each tab. Then you can xref that into your drawing, scale to suit & freeze layers as needed. For updates you'd need to ExportLayout again, overwriting the old exported DWG's.

BTW, this is one of the benefits where Annotative Scaling helps. I.e. you don't need to place every annotation on PS or have huge quantities of layers to sort out different scale versions.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.