Author Topic: Replace a nested Block with another block  (Read 1425 times)

Timmy007

Replace a nested Block with another block
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
Hi,

We've just recently relocated, and our title block address needs to be re-created and updated! This isn't a problem obviously for new drawings, however our old drawings will need to change also!

Our title block is a dynamic block, and is made up of a attributes and blocks, one of which is our address. I need to replace this address block with a new one. Can anybody help with a lisp and bat file which will help me to run it over night and update our current projects?

Regards

Tim

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Replace a nested Block with another block
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
IMO the "simplest" method would be to install either AutoDesk's ScriptPro or another one: AutoScript. Both are free. I prefer AutoScript, but it's up to you ... they both work similarly.

For both of these you create a SCR file through something like notepad. This file simply contains the commands exactly as you would have typed them at the command prompt. So you can use an Insert command to insert from a DWG file you've wblock'ed the address block previously.

The 2 programs then run this script on any number of selected DWG files, as if you typed that for each in turn.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.