Author Topic: UCS Confusion!  (Read 3810 times)

Kate M

UCS Confusion!
« on: December 08, 2003, 09:48:29 AM »
Okay, I'm horribly confuzzled...I have a drawing from an architect that I need to use as a structural background. In the actual drawings, everything looks fine -- north is up both in modelspace and the viewport. However, when I xref it into my new drawing, both the modelspace and the viewport (which I copied from the arch drawing) are rotated 90 degrees! In other words, it looks fine in paperspace, but is rotated in modelspace. The UCS icons look normal -- not rotated or anything. The AutoCAD help on UCS stuff is less than useful...hoping one of you guys can figure out what happened...

Thanks!

daron

UCS Confusion!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 09:55:57 AM »
Can you send the file. It'd be a whole lot easier to figure this out, if I could see it visually. Sometimes the ucs icon will look normal, beause the person who drew it rotated the ucs to 90 degrees, then typed plan, then started to draw. I've had this happen before. Try typing plan w in both drawings and see if your ucs filps.

Kate M

UCS Confusion!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 10:16:04 AM »
Hey, whaddya know...that did it. :-) Silly architects. :-) Turns out their plan was rotated to begin with, so I'm just going to rotate the xref (NOT the UCS -- I hate messing with that thing) and use it that way...probably a big no-no :oops: but I don't have any civil people to yell at me, so...:-) Unless, of course, there's a better way?

Thanks, Daron!

-Kate