Author Topic: My first shot at .NET (shot down)  (Read 8385 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: My first shot at .NET (shot down)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
Welcome to the Dark Side.  Like Sith training, you will be beaten unmercifully at the start.  If you survive that then you will gain tremendous power in a short period of time.  With frequent use you will end up bald, shrivelled, and quite, quite insane.  Eventually somebody younger and with a better understanding of the .NET Force will toss you over the railing and take over.

LoL! Hopefully we who CAN one day overthrow, can also collect your six figure sallaries!

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 08:32:29 AM »
Welcome to the Dark Side.  Like Sith training, you will be beaten unmercifully at the start.  If you survive that then you will gain tremendous power in a short period of time.  With frequent use you will end up bald, shrivelled, and quite, quite insane.  Eventually somebody younger and with a better understanding of the .NET Force will toss you over the railing and take over.
That was AWESOME! and very descriptive of my journey
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »
I'm about half way through this, http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/DevTV_VBA_Migration/english/DevTV_VBA_To_VBdotNet_Migration_English.html, and he makes a reference to creating a new project in VB6 from the modules/forms exported from AutoCAD VBA.  Is VB6 necessary (since I don't have access to it) or is there another automated way?  I'm probably jumping the gun since I haven't made it all the way through yet... just wanted to ask.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »
Nevermind!!!  :)
Autodesk Expert Elite

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
I'm about half way through this, http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/DevTV_VBA_Migration/english/DevTV_VBA_To_VBdotNet_Migration_English.html, and he makes a reference to creating a new project in VB6 from the modules/forms exported from AutoCAD VBA.  Is VB6 necessary (since I don't have access to it) or is there another automated way?  I'm probably jumping the gun since I haven't made it all the way through yet... just wanted to ask.

BTW - Glad to see that you're finding that link helpful.  :wink:

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 08:57:46 AM »

BTW - Glad to see that you're finding that link helpful.  :wink:
Alright... so I'm finally, FINALLY getting back to looking at this and wouldn't you know it, the macro converter is part of VS2008 and not VS2010 (which I have installed).  So that's problem #1.  The second (possible) problem is/might be, if I modify the acad.exe.config file (wherever the hell that is located) does this mean that I would have to modify everyone's file?  Because that simply isn't an option.
Autodesk Expert Elite

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Alright... so I'm finally, FINALLY getting back to looking at this and wouldn't you know it, the macro converter is part of VS2008 and not VS2010 (which I have installed).  So that's problem #1. 
How many?
I still have VS2008 Pro installed or maybe I could decipher a couple and code it VB.NET

The second (possible) problem is/might be, if I modify the acad.exe.config file (wherever the hell that is located) does this mean that I would have to modify everyone's file?  Because that simply isn't an option.

Depending on what you are changing it for and what versions but basic answer would be yes you need to update all of them.

A config file is located where the .exe is, so same folder as acad.exe

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 10:26:28 AM »
The second (possible) problem is/might be, if I modify the acad.exe.config file (wherever the hell that is located) does this mean that I would have to modify everyone's file?  Because that simply isn't an option.

Depending on what you are changing it for and what versions but basic answer would be yes you need to update all of them.

A config file is located where the .exe is, so same folder as acad.exe

Jeff is correct, I simply copied acad.exe.config and renamed the copy acad.exe.config.void, which keeps my backup near the original in Explorer, and changes the file type to 'VOID File' :wink:

This is very easy to automate into a BAT, or even LSP - let me know if you need more info, code, etc..

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
I added the remote piece and it doesnt work, do I have to adjust anything else?
Code: [Select]
<configuration>
<!--
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
  </startup>
-->
<!--All assemblies in AutoCAD are fully trusted so there's no point generating publisher evidence-->
   <runtime>       
 <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
 <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
   </runtime>
</configuration>
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

n.yuan

• Bull Frog
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Are you usiing AutoCAD 2012?

Configuration item <loadFromRemoteSources.../> is introduced by .NET 4. It only takes effect when the application (AutoCAD) uses .NET 4.

If you use Acad2011 or earlier, unless you force AutoCAD 2011/2010 to use .NET4 (i.e. with <supportRuntime version="v4.0" /> added to acad..exe.config), <loadFrom RemoteSources... /> will be useless.