Author Topic: PDF Plot - to same Directory as opened drawing  (Read 10635 times)

pBe

• Bull Frog
Re: PDF Plot - to same Directory as opened drawing
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:20 AM »
Autcad 2009

Attached is a sample file

Thanks

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »
I didn't have your plot style, so I used one of our own, so it may be a bit bolder than you would normally have, but please see the attached PDF. I created it in 2012 with the DWG to PDF.PC3

I no longer have 2009 on my system, we are on subscription, so we just stick with the latest and save down when needed.

rhino

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
that's precisely the reason why we need to use cutepdf to create pdf's - the driver provided with ACAD 2007 does not 'work very well'...they fixed this in the 2010 version which is the next major release of ACAD.

any ideas on my post and request?

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »
Well, there are a couple of options that I can see:

• Upgrade to 2012, it really is worth it, there are a lot of new features that will make things a lot faster for you since 2009.
  • If you do not want to upgrade, you can also use PDF Creator (free at http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator) and set it up to automatically name the files. Last time that I tried it, CutePDF doesn't allow this. Be sure to use the link, there are a lot of similarly title ones that are spyware ridden, you will still need to do a custom install and uncheck the install toolbar with this one if you don't want it though.
  • Use the DWF6 ePlot, then convert the DWFs to PDFs.

rhino

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
does pdf creator use the same ghostscript engine?

our company has already installed cutepdf on all computers - getting them to install pdf creator would be...
can pdf creator be used without installing?

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »
If you have a print server, you can install it there and share it, then you simply have to add the printer to each computer. Still has to be done on each system, but you can set a logon script to do that.

rhino

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
pdfcreator doesn't do what i need - i would be supplying the file name and the location... :ugly:

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
Actually, it can be setup to accomplish what you need. Please see my guide that I just made attached, it should help you out with that. I have been meaning to create this guide for my users for a while, so I thought I would actually take a moment to finally make it.

rhino

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
Thank you - will call it through the lisp I have set up n post back tomorrow - the lisp prints all drawings within the folder - this should work :)

pBe

• Bull Frog
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »
  • Upgrade to 2012, it really is worth it, there are a lot of new features that will make things a lot faster for you since 2009.

Might as well :)