Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Object DBX

(1/4) > >>

Coder:
Hello .

I have seen lots of people around recommending or indicating to Object DBX .

How can I collect information about this theme and what's the best way to understand it as easy as it could be  :-D ?

Many thanks

Lee Mac:
If you have a good understanding of the AutoCAD Object Model, and are familiar with the various properties and methods pertaining to such, the transition to ObjectDBX isn't too difficult.

With ObjectDBX you can interface with a Drawing file without opening the file in the AutoCAD editor. You create an ObjectDBX Document Object and load the Drawing file into this Document. From there you can manipulate the ObjectDBX Document in the same way as you might manipulate the Active Document Object.

Just be aware that there are restrictions to what methods you can use with an ObjectDBX Document. For example, you cannot use SelectionSets, and don't have access to System Variables.

Coder:

--- Quote from: Lee Mac on September 05, 2011, 06:52:48 AM ---With ObjectDBX you can interface with a Drawing file without opening the file in the AutoCAD editor. You create an ObjectDBX Document Object and load the Drawing file into this Document. From there you can manipulate the ObjectDBX Document in the same way as you might manipulate the Active Document Object.

--- End quote ---

That's what I am looking forward . Creating ObjectDBX to manipulate with the Layers , Blocks, Textstyles ....... etc .

I would like to know how to start with that ( create the DBX document and interface it ) .

Many thanks Lee

Pepe:
Hi, Coder!

Try to find 'The Visual LISP Developers Bible', by David Stern Stein. There's a whole chapter about ObjectDBX. Now, the book has copyright, but I think still can be found for free an old copy of the '2003' version of the book (when it was free!) through the Internet.

Regards!

Coder:
Thank you Pepe .

I have found it in the book , and I will start to read it .

Highly appreciated .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version