Author Topic: What is this error statement?  (Read 3310 times)

BlueMoon

What is this error statement?
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
This just started showing up whenever I open a DWG.  Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,
BM

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: What is this error statement?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »
It is something that should have been corrected long ago..... see the links in the link below for discussion and the fix.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=16779.msg203450#msg203450

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
From VLIDE Menu:

Tools >> Environment Options >> General Options... >> Select 'Transparent' radio button.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Now that's dangerous... accidentally misspell a variable so it matches an autolisp function, bam, no more autolisp function until you restart autocad. I highly suggest correcting the error instead of hiding it.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »
Now that's dangerous... accidentally misspell a variable so it matches an autolisp function, bam, no more autolisp function until you restart autocad. I highly suggest correcting the error instead of hiding it.

I don't follow you, Jeff.

When working in SDI = 1 (LDC 2009) you get this prompt every time you open another drawing, without any errors in the code.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
Did you follow the links in my first response, RenderMan? In a nutshell: The command MakeObjectLayerCurrent was originally defined via lisp in the MNL file (c:ai_molc). Sometime around Acad2008 this was moved into Base Autocad. When the VLIDE is open an error is thrown about the protected symbol "ai_molc" being overwritten because the MNL STILL has the definition in it and it is attempting to redefine the one now embedded in Autocad proper. Removing, or renaming, the offending defun in the MNL file fixes this so it won't happen again (until the next upgrade, reinstall, whatever).

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Did you follow the links in my first response, RenderMan?

Admittedly, I had not.  :oops:

In a nutshell: The command MakeObjectLayerCurrent was originally defined via lisp in the MNL file (c:ai_molc). Sometime around Acad2008 this was moved into Base Autocad. When the VLIDE is open an error is thrown about the protected symbol "ai_molc" being overwritten because the MNL STILL has the definition in it and it is attempting to redefine the one now embedded in Autocad proper. Removing, or renaming, the offending defun in the MNL file fixes this so it won't happen again (until the next upgrade, reinstall, whatever).

I'll go through the links you provided in the other thread, and see if I can't get this fixed then. I've only been coding LISP for about a year+, and the 'LISP veteran's' at my office had no idea how to fix this issue either. Most of them don't write anything outside of vanilla AutoLISP. LoL I'm pretty much the only one who's become adept at using Visual LISP, and also venturing into the world of .NET development. There's definitely a bit of the blind leading the blind in my case. LoL

Thanks for the clarification/correction, Jeff! :beer:

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
Mmmmm..... Blue Moon.   :-)
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
Mmmmm..... Blue Moon.   :-)

1+ Great beer; even better when paired with a Salmon Oscar entree.  :wink:

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »
I used to use that command, I got sick of the error message in Civil 3D (I never saw it in Vanilla) so I just wrote another command that seemed to work better.
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

BlueMoon

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »
Thanks to all for the input.  It took me awhile to get thru the fixes.  Not sure exactly what I did but it's not showing up anymore.

BM