Author Topic: ActiveX component can't create object  (Read 3979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tyke

  • Guest
ActiveX component can't create object
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
I have a VBA routine which runs on all of our machines, except one.

On this machine I get two error messages when I try to run the routine.

1. "Licensing information for this component not found. You do not have sufficient rights with this license to use this functionality in the development environment."

2. "ActiveX component can't create object"

What is also strange is that I can run the module when I log on with Administrator Rights.

Matt__W

  • Seagull
  • Posts: 12954
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: ActiveX component can't create object
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
Just a shot in the dark... maybe it needs to be registered?


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146219
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Tyke

  • Guest
Re: ActiveX component can't create object
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
I successfully deregistered the MSMAPI32.OCX, as suggested in the KB, and then successfully registered it again. I compared two computers and the msmapi32.ocx appears in the same places in the Registry.

But I still get the same error messages on just the one computer.

Tyke

  • Guest
Re: ActiveX component can't create object
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
I've checked other computers that are older and newer than the problem computer (all running XP Pro) and none of them have the problem. The only difference that I can see is that the problem computer is running MS Office 2007, whereas the oldr computers are running MS Office 2003 and the newer computers are running MS Office 2010.

Tyke

  • Guest
Re: ActiveX component can't create object
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
Perhaps it was an extremely large hammer used to crack a very small nut, but I have corrected the problem.

The number of *.ocx files that were to be found on various computers varied widely and it was not apparent which one was missing and was causing the problem. But it was apparent that those computers which had Microsoft Visual Basic installed had around twice as many ocx files ( and registered) than those without.

So I installed the free MS Visual Basic 2010 Express on the offending computer and the problem is solved. In the process the problem computer now has more than two and a half times as many ocx files as it had before.