Author Topic: Change Bylayer ( color,lineweight,linetype )  (Read 1858 times)

vnanhvu

Change Bylayer ( color,lineweight,linetype )
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »
Hi all. Anysome one can help me change Bylayer with color, lineweight,linetype without open Layer Properties Manager. Ex.: I have a layer A: color 1 (red), lineweight 0.4mm, linetype Continious. I want to change ( bylayer ): Name A change to B,  color 1 change to 2, lineweight 0.4mm change to 0.3mm, linetype Hidden ( display on dialog Select Name, Color,  Lineweight and linetype ).
Thanks for all.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Change Bylayer ( color,lineweight,linetype )
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:13:09 AM »
I'm not too sure I understand what you want from this. You could use the -LAYER (note the minus prefix) command-line version to simply type in that settings. Even place it as a macro to a button (or other CUI element). You could even run it as script on several DWG's at once.

Is it extremely necessary to use the dialog? It sounds a bit overkill to me, even duplicating what's already there. Unless I'm misunderstanding of course.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

vnanhvu

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
Yes. Thank you with -Layer command. I met some difficulties when rename layer with long name and retype name layer . But anyway I thank you very much  :lol:

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
If you want to set everything to BYLAYER you can use the SETBYLAYER command.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io