Author Topic: Saving to BMP partial screen ?  (Read 3954 times)

SOFITO_SOFT

Saving to BMP partial screen ?
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
Hellossss @ll:

In A2004 i can save in a file of image ( bmp, jpg...) a partial area of screen with

Command: ( c:saveimg nil nill nil ) <<<< ?¿
Usage: (c:saveimg filename type [<portion>] [<xoff> <yoff> <xsize> <ysize>] [<compression>])
nil
Sooo:
Command: ( c:saveimg "lolo" "bmp" t 10 20  100 100  )
Save Image done!

But in A2008 , does not work anyway, because now, lt no takes parameters to define the area to save.

I have worked with a dll that captures a screen area and puts into the clipboard. Then you can paste with you pasteclip. But I need to keep that image in a file to create a material and then apply it to some entities.
The ole2frame has created with data of the image in BMP format.
Not can be impossible to read , uncompress  and make a bmp file "by hand".
But I think it is "overkill"  :-o
I did not reach a viable solution. :-(
It was so easy in A2004!  :lmao: :lmao:
Any alternative?

Thanks for your time and interest :-D

Regards from Madrid...:) 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:11:35 PM by SOFITO_SOFT »

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Saving to BMP partial screen ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:10:55 AM »
I don't know quite well what do you want to achieve, but I often use "jpgout" command with "screensize" variable set to 1024x768 (my win resolution is 1280x1024) and to set "screensize" I always use properties palette docked on right of my screen, turned off slide bars from "OPTIONS" -> "Display" and carefully stretched text Command area and also properties palette so visual screen of CAD main viewport is little less for working but is adequate for exporting multiple *.jpg files with "jpgout" that can then be composed into animation in 3ds Max without resizing images... Also if you don't want to use routines for orbiting and exporting sets of images for CAD animations, you can use additional software for capturing animations like ScreenRecorder software and similar...

M.R.

P.S. Look for some animations on link in my signature (M.R. on Youtube)... Almost all of them are CAD animated animations composed using 3ds Max video post for combining them into AVIs and then converted these AVIs using DIVX converter into DIVX AVI files that are with less capacity, but just little less quality, but quicker uploading onto Youtube...

You can check some *.lsp routines for CAD animations on my posts on AUGI :
3do-jpgs
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:23:08 AM by ribarm »
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:33 AM »
Hellosss @llsss:
Thanks for the suggestions.
But I want to do in A2008 the same thing to in A2004.  From a LSP program, call an order to capture a screen area (eg the red rectangle) and save that partiel image in a file of type BMP, JPG, etc

... I have nothing against any file type. Jeejejejjeje.
Just that. What made without any problem and the first A2004 ...
Thanks for your interest ...
Greetings.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »
I'm not sure what your c:SaveImg lisp did exactly. But couldn't you have used the BmpOut or Export commands? They ask you to select the objects for export ... and they can be called through Lisp to "automate" the process. The only "issue" I can see is that they save the BMP in the same size as the active VP (i.e. on the Model tab it's the size of the visible drawing, on PS it's either the visible drawing or the model of an active VP).
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
Hellossss @ll....
I can see is that they save the BMP in the same size as the active VP<<< exactly! A2004 asked me in the points. In A2008 no.
That's the problem.
I want to save part of my screen. I'm experimenting with WIA.DLL. I save the entire screen with BMPOUT and then from the LSP, short BMP file. Previously calculated cut-off points where the match screen in BMP generated (the pixel). Very complex. Before it was very simple.
Thanks for your interest.
Greetings.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
You could use display or window and print to BMP.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »
helloss
I want to save part of my screen....
thanks...
greetings...

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
helloss
I want to save part of my screen....
thanks...
greetings...
The plot to an image by window using one of the provided pc3 files.
Attached, JIC.
Dropbox

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
Hellooosss .....
This really is a good idea! I do not know because I have not thought about the plot to a file ... the issue of scale (mm <-> pixels) is messy, but surmountable ....
Thanks, Alanjt
Regards...

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
Hellooosss .....
This really is a good idea! I do not know because I have not thought about the plot to a file ... the issue of scale (mm <-> pixels) is messy, but surmountable ....
Thanks, Alanjt
Regards...
Yeah, not sure about the turn out. I've never had issues with it, but I've also only used it a couple times.
Dropbox