Author Topic: Arx documentation and VS 2010 Express Edition  (Read 2291 times)

autocart

Arx documentation and VS 2010 Express Edition
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:52:38 AM »
Hi,

I know this should be covered somewhere already but I could not find it on the web.

Is it possible to install the arx documentation in VS 2010 Express Edition, so that after pressing F1 on a highlighted class member in VS EE I get the corresponding help page displayed?
I have VS 2010 C# EE installed and did run the msi-installer of the arx doc but can't see any difference of behaviour inside VS EE.

Thx for any help,
Stephan

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Arx documentation and VS 2010 Express Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:35 AM »
I did an install and I have help available in the Express version. But I can't remember which install I did. I think it is available from the AutoCAD website.

But I rather use website and pdf docs to find information, which is mostly more effective.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 07:02:31 AM »
But I rather use website and pdf docs to find information, which is mostly more effective.

1+ Same here.

Also, did you figure out how to get Visual Studio 2010 Express (VSE) to properly Debug & hit Breakpoints, etc.? If not, I'd be happy to share.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

kaefer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
I did an install and I have help available in the Express version. But I can't remember which install I did. I think it is available from the AutoCAD website.

Sir, may I humbly suggest you did that with VS 2008 instead? See http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=23356.0

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:45 AM »

Sir, may I humbly suggest you did that with VS 2008 instead? See http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=23356.0

I've checked but I really have 2012 ObjectARX reference guide in VB 2010 Express available. But I hardly use it.

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »

1+ Same here.

Also, did you figure out how to get Visual Studio 2010 Express (VSE) to properly Debug & hit Breakpoints, etc.? If not, I'd be happy to share.

Yes, editing the *.vbproj.user file manually, and off course, telling AutoCAD to use the right .NET framework.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:36 PM »

1+ Same here.

Yes, editing the *.vbproj.user file manually, and off course, telling AutoCAD to use the right .NET framework.

Just to clarify, one needs to modify the applicable *.vbproj (VB.NET), or *.csproj (C#.NET) file and not the *.*proj.user file.

Also, depending on what versions you're developing code for, modifying acad.exe.config may also be necessary, despite setting your project to compile using the correct .NET framework.  :wink:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

autocart

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »
Thx to all,

I try the 2008 EE now. For Acad 2011 maybe better.

EDIT: It works now. Thx to all for help.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:09:04 AM by autocart »