Author Topic: Rotate objects around center point while keeping them horizontal  (Read 5987 times)

ELOQUINTET

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out if I can create a dynamic block using features avaliable in 2007 or perhaps need something only available in later version (like parametrics). See attached drawing for an illustration of what I am trying to acheive. I am basically trying to rotate objects around a center point while keeping the object itself horizontal (similar to unchecking rotate items as copied option in array command). I am trying to insert several images within a dynamic block and be able to use a rotation grip to rotate all of the images while keeping them horizontal. I'm creating some cad art in case you're wondering.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: Rotate objects around center point while keeping them horizontal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »
I think Kate Morrical or Hedi Hewitt did a a blog on this very subject. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:01:54 AM »
You need to chain actions. Remove the rectangle from the rotate selection. Add a point move parameter. Highlight the move parameter and change Chain Actions to "yes". Add the point parameter to the rotate parameter selection set.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »
Aha got it thanks so much Ron. Do you know if anyone has ever written any routines that could rotate the box around the circle using timer of sorts so the boxes would rotate like a timepiece? I'm also wondering if anyone has written something that would randoming cycle through visibility states within a block. I'll post some video of what I'm working on when I get a minute.