Author Topic: I'm so sorry for myself..and I deleted it what i wrote.  (Read 6556 times)

nokiya2000

• Newt
I'm so sorry for myself..and I deleted it what i wrote.
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:24:11 AM »
..I just deleted it what i wrote.

and I'd like to say "thanks you" to RenderMan.

I won't write again on board.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:01:31 PM by nokiya2000 »

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Well, This is my question about API thing with EXCEL
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:12:39 AM »
Thinking to self as I read the OP:

well, Here is my question.

I just got it from on AUGI.

This ought to be good...

This is API tool to work with excel for autocad.

Okay, I've used (vlax-get-or-create-object "Excel.Application") before...

It is sourced by VB_DotNet.

Ah! I see we're going another way this time... wait... in a LISP forum!?

Well, When I loaded it on Autocad , I couldn't use it.

Uhh, huhh... but did you....

( I loaded "dll" file with command "netload")

... Netload, check.

It didn't work with autocad.

Figures... stupid DLLs... wait... where's the question!?

I don't know why it is.

Posting a VB.NET question in a LISP forum... not suprised.

Did I use it wrong way ?

Hazzah! A question!?! Did I use... well, yeah! If you netload a DLL and it doesn't work then you did something wrong. As to what specifically - I have guesses, but that's about it at this point.

So I just attached the API.

Come again, Gov'na? With what? To what!? This is very confusing.

Does someone can figure it out about how to use it with Autocad?

... You mean like the thread you got this information from (that you didn't provide us), where someone *may* have specified what AutoCAD version(s) the DLL will work with, etc.?

Thanks for read this article.~

Seriously... That's it?!?  :-o

After all that... the two-part question is "Did I do something wrong -  do you know how to fix?"

Dude, I deserve a drink after that marathon... <Thirsty>... glug, glug, glug... Ahhhh! Ice cold Coca-Cola!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:38:30 AM by RenderMan »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »
I have NO IDEA what this DLL is supposed to do, but AutoCAD has the ability to dynamically link Excel files.  Just saying...
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I don't speak the language the help file is written in but it looks like the .DLL is just a library for LISP routines. Where's the lisp routine you're using?
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
I don't speak the language the help file is written in but it looks like the .DLL is just a library for LISP routines. Where's the lisp routine you're using?
Heheheheheee.... "MexicanCustard"   :-D
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:40:45 AM »
Using http://translate.google.com/#

LSP_XLS is a library. NET provides AutoLISP functions to read and write Excel files without using Excel. It also reads and writes text files delimited by commas or other characters.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
This thread is hilarious  ;D :D

Anyhoo  :lmao:

After you've "netload"ed the DLL. You should have a few extra functions available in LISP! E.g.
XLS_ACTIVESHEET
Returns the index of the active sheet or sets the active sheet given its index.

syntax    (XLS_ACTIVESHEET fileId [index])

parameters
fileId    A string. Identifier of the file you want to run the function.
index     Optional. An integer specifying the index of the sheet to be converted into the active sheet.
Just look into that included CHM file. As suggested use Google Translate if you don't speak that language.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:00:25 PM by irneb »
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Re: I'm so sorry for myself..and I deleted it what i wrote.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
WTF?! This is one of the sadest threads I've seen. Let's make a sport out of making people look like a total idiot.

Most of the inane statements people spew are gibberish to me but i at least *try* to answer. I may not give the most diplomatic answers but i try to answer with what i *think* you need or at least try to offer some form of generic help.

What dahell?! *sigh*
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Bob Wahr

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
Fortunately the OP is gone for good because hell, it's pretty obvious that english isn't their first language.  Way better to be a dick and drive them away than ask for clarification.

JCTER

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
WTF?! This is one of the sadest threads I've seen. Let's make a sport out of making people look like a total idiot.

Most of the inane statements people spew are gibberish to me but i at least *try* to answer. I may not give the most diplomatic answers but i try to answer with what i *think* you need or at least try to offer some form of generic help.

What dahell?! *sigh*
Fortunately the OP is gone for good because hell, it's pretty obvious that english isn't their first language.  Way better to be a dick and drive them away than ask for clarification.

A big huge +1 to these two posts.

What the hell is wrong with you people?  This kind of crap doesn't and shouldn't ever happen on the swamp.  LOL HE DON'T SPEK AR LANGWIDG TOO GUD< LOL LETS TEASE HIM.

Pricks.  Renderman.  Feel free to not speak when you feel the urge to post like that again.  PLEASE.

Edit-to-Add:  Renderman... just curious, but... how's your Korean?  Can you read hanja or Hangul pretty well?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:20:30 PM by James Cannon »

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »
I'm somewhere inbetween the two sides, since I followed the originating thread over at AUGI.  I don't think its completely a language issue but rather a code comprehension issue.  OP asked for help, somebody built or modified something which mostly but maybe not completely adressed the problem.  OP didn't appear to understand how to evaluate what was provided over there (despite some reasonably clear instructions), then comes here and blindly asks others to make it do what its supposed to do (without really explaining *what* that is).  Thats why I'm not completely on the side of the angels here - if you are going to ask for help with programming, be able to evaluate a solution thats been provided and accept that not all solutions are complete and fit-for-purpose.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

JCTER

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
I'm somewhere inbetween the two sides, since I followed the originating thread over at AUGI.  I don't think its completely a language issue but rather a code comprehension issue.  OP asked for help, somebody built or modified something which mostly but maybe not completely adressed the problem.  OP didn't appear to understand how to evaluate what was provided over there (despite some reasonably clear instructions), then comes here and blindly asks others to make it do what its supposed to do (without really explaining *what* that is).  Thats why I'm not completely on the side of the angels here - if you are going to ask for help with programming, be able to evaluate a solution thats been provided and accept that not all solutions are complete and fit-for-purpose.
I 100% agree with that, but not one attempt was made by the spectators to ask for clarification of guide the user into finding the problem or identifying the issues.  /shrug

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
wow .. another pot/kettle moment

be proud folks, be proud
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
dgorsman, I agree to some extent; Ive seen that same situation a thousand times too but its not like that same old situation is ever gonna stop happening, especially if we start acting like this.

But this thread is a good example of where theSwamp seems to be heading nowadays. The place seems like its full of people who just want to "show off" and/or "be the big dog".  Way back when (prolly circa "BigSwamp") I said that we should adopt the "Teach them to fish instead of giving them fish" ideal and that did last for years (and I still sometimes see people use that phrase but it seems to be more used to defend their "feelings" when someone else comes along and "does something better"--for whatever effed up reason `feelings' are involved I have no idea-). but that ideal seemed to shift a bit a few years back; sh|t, I even got "in trouble" (when I was an admin) for trying to get the moderators to be more like ambassadors instead of a clique.

*meh* what dahhell, I think I am gonna make a sport out of making people feel like crap (Those that I feel have too big of an ego that is). Maybe when I get to `big dog status' I can get some of the new people--be them Purple or Pink--to stick around and offer up some of their knowledge (everyone has got something to offer to the mix).

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »

be proud folks, be proud

There is a usefull post. What else do you got?

*edit*
Honestly (I appologize Keith, Im just all pissy now), what are your thoughts?

Donate to TheSwamp.org

jgr

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
...The place seems like its full of people who just want to "show off" and/or "be the big dog". ...

Sorry, this is not my intention,
The only problem is I do not speak English

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

be proud folks, be proud

There is a usefull post. What else do you got?

*edit*
Honestly (I appologize Keith, Im just all pissy now), what are your thoughts?

Just an observation, nothing more, nothing less
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 02:40:45 AM »
...The place seems like its full of people who just want to "show off" and/or "be the big dog". ...

Sorry, this is not my intention,
The only problem is I do not speak English

++

Most of the time it's easier for me (and may be for others non English people) to give a code snippet than an explaination in 'good' English...
Speaking English as a French Frog

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
There's no question, I screwed up – period.

In a fit of sarcasm, and dark humor I've offended nokiya2000, and made this forum an unwelcoming place for them… For this I am ashamed.

I appreciate the overwhelming response to keep this community one that is welcoming to others, and strongly frowns upon those who would make others feel unwelcome. I have never stated, nor thought, that I am better than nokiya2000, or anyone else for that matter.

This is truly a dark moment for me, and the outcome is certainly not something I am proud of, but let's get a few things straight:

First, I noticed the revised OP before reply #7, and contacted nokiya2000 immediately (Mark is welcomed to confirm or deny validity). I apologized for my behavior, and tried to convey that I never meant for them to feel unwelcome, or that they should be sorry for what they posted, and requested that they please come back to TheSwamp. Before I could publicly apologize, the lot of you began your bash-fest.

Second, now that the metaphorical dust has settled, I take issue with some of your comments:

@Se7en –

What dahell?! *sigh*

Especially given our little run in last year, you disappoint me, John (aka The Pot). I nearly quit all CAD forums as a direct result of the way you treated me then. Were it not for thick skin, personal determination to grow as a developer, and some unsolicited encouragement from Alan, I wouldn't be here.

~The Kettle

@BobWahr & James Cannon (aka JCTER) –

Fortunately the OP is gone for good because hell, it's pretty obvious that english isn't their first language. Way better to be a dick and drive them away than ask for clarification.

A big huge +1 to these two posts.

What the hell is wrong with you people?  This kind of crap doesn't and shouldn't ever happen on the swamp.  LOL HE DON'T SPEK AR LANGWIDG TOO GUD< LOL LETS TEASE HIM.

Pricks.  Renderman.  Feel free to not speak when you feel the urge to post like that again.  PLEASE.
Edit-to-Add:  Renderman... just curious, but... how's your Korean?  Can you read hanja or Hangul pretty well?

Were either of you to actually go through the attachment in the OP, or to actually read through the posts prior to your own, you'd find that the attached help file is what was written in another language. The OP spoke English very well, and at no time did I make fun of OP’s mastery of the language.

Dually noted. In the future, feel free to check your facts before making baseless accusations. PLEASE.

Edit-to-Add:  My Korean is nonexistent... I would have to Google Hanja and Hangul to even know what they are... Other than English, I do speak two foreign languages conversationally (I'm rusty though), and am learning a third foreign language in preparation of my overseas trip next year.

As for the comment on clarification

... You mean like the thread you got this information from (that you didn't provide us), where someone *may* have specified what AutoCAD version(s) the DLL will work with, etc.?

… Clarification was both suggested (by me) as this was a carryover thread from AUGI, and requested (by MexicanCustard). Again you'd have seen this had you actually read the thread prior to posting your incendiary comments.

For my part, however, there is no way for me (that I know of) to determine what's required of a random DLL that was posted here. Should I have posted a constructive comment instead, yes, admittedly.

@Dgorsman & James Cannon (aka JCTER) -

I 100% agree with that, but not one attempt was made by the spectators to ask for clarification of guide the user into finding the problem or identifying the issues.  /shrug

Dgorsman, I appreciate that you stepped in to add some much needed clarity. Not that you did so in my defense or anything, but a much wiser man than I taught me the value of “preferring clarity to agreement” (<-paraphrased).

James, four of the five posts that followed mine either offered an alternate suggestion, asked for clarification, or offered a way to translate the help file (see replies 2, 3, 5, and 6).

Am I sarcastic, yes – opinionated, most of the time – funny, clearly not as often as I'd like – but malicious, no.

Contrary to my poor behavior in this thread, I just asked Tannar (StykFace) to ease up on a new member before he scared them away. Perhaps I was incredibly naïve to have made the assumptions I did prior to my post. Given the outcome, specifically that the OP chose to leave, and not the fodder than ensued, I regret my actions terribly.

I too am new to TheSwamp and most members here do not know me despite my participation in AUGI and CADTutor. After the dog-pile here, many may not ever care to. This is an unfortunate result of my own doing, regardless of the multitude of misinterpretations, and baseless accusations, offered above.

Even after leaving military service (US Army AIRBORNE, Jan 2000-Jun 2009), I have a strong appreciation for volunteerism. I take great pride in helping others, to the best of my ability, and this is a very dark mark on a long track record of doing good. I made a terrible mistake... one that I cannot take back. I am deeply troubled that my actions here resulted in a member choosing to leave… this has never happened to me before, and I pray that it will never happen again. Not even if The Pot is the member leaving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now... were any of you were planning to offer a suggestion as to how to get the attachment in the OP to function properly, or were you just here to get in your kicks?

Note - The attachment from OP has been re-attached in this post, in the event that it is removed from the OP later.

Perhaps this DLL issue being resolved will help someone else that finds this thread in the future... Just a thought.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:50:36 PM by RenderMan »

Bob Wahr

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Were either of you to actually go through the attachment in the OP, or to actually read through the posts prior to your own, you'd find that the attached help file is what was written in another language. The OP spoke English very well, and at no time did I make fun of OP’s mastery of the language.

Dually noted. In the future, feel free to check your facts before making baseless accusations. PLEASE.

Edit-to-Add:  My Korean is nonexistent... I would have to Google Hanja and Hangul to even know what they are... Other than English, I do speak two foreign languages conversationally (I'm rusty though), and am learning a third foreign language in preparation of my overseas trip next year.

As for the comment on clarification

FWIW, I read the thread.  Does the above quote actually sound like a native English speaker?  I'm guessing that it's someone who speaks little if any English and is trying to get some technical help using an online translator.  I've never tried it, but I can't imagine that it would make for easy comprehension.  Feel as defensive and butthurt as you want, makes no difference to me, but regardless of your intent, you drove someone away by intentionally being an ass, whether it was an attempt at humor or not.  Seems to me like if 7 almost did the same to you in the past, you might have been a little more aware of how your response could have, and was, taken.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
I hope you come back and read this but,

LSP_XLS_LOAD

Calling this command will load the library. 

comments

For AutoCAD recognizes this command must enable the automatic loading or using the installer version.

Once I netloaded the .dll
First use LSP_XLS_LOAD command then it would  recognize the lisp commands

Does that help and are able to call LSP_XLS_LOAD once it is netloaded?

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 07:15:58 PM »
RenderMan,

I dont hold any animosity towards you at all from `then', or "now". In fact, i honestly dont have the first clue as to what `run in' you are talking about and i had to go back in this thread to see that it in fact you that did the "bad stuff".

Look, if YOU were the one being picked on, i would defend you--today, tomorrow, whenever--its not "who" that is being picked on its more of the fact that they "are"-. I say that because i dont care one way or the other if you "hate" me or "like" me. I will still defend you if you are being picked on, or help you when you need help.

When i read posts, i have all the smiles, avatars, and what-not turned off so i can *try* to focus on the content (most times i dont read the persons name who posted the comment).

So, if you dont like me; Oops, sorry (I dont like it, but...). If you do like me; great (That's cool but i'm already married and stuff so...).

Donate to TheSwamp.org

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »

FWIW, I read the thread.  Does the above quote actually sound like a native English speaker?  I'm guessing that it's someone who speaks little if any English...

I don't believe I said that the OP was a native English speaker. Especially with my service in the military, I've come across others who are unintelligible. My perception was that there was an issue understanding the code / functionality / etc. And not a language issue. Regardless, I responded poorly.

Thanks for your feedback.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
RenderMan,

I dont hold any animosity towards you at all from `then', or "now". In fact, i honestly dont have the first clue as to what `run in' you are talking about and i had to go back in this thread to see that it in fact you that did the "bad stuff".

Look, if YOU were the one being picked on, i would defend you--today, tomorrow, whenever--its not "who" that is being picked on its more of the fact that they "are"-. I say that because i dont care one way or the other if you "hate" me or "like" me. I will still defend you if you are being picked on, or help you when you need help.

When i read posts, i have all the smiles, avatars, and what-not turned off so i can *try* to focus on the content (most times i dont read the persons name who posted the comment).

So, if you dont like me; Oops, sorry (I dont like it, but...). If you do like me; great (That's cool but i'm already married and stuff so...).

Se7en,

FWIW, I hold no ill will toward you (then or now), and I appreciate your feedback.

I only thought to express my disapointment as a result of the recollections made after reading your post (above). Everyone makes mistakes at some point - as this thread clearly illustrates my doing. Many are simply blessed with not making such an egregious offense as I have.

I do not feel singled out here, not by you or anyone else, nor do I walk around with any sort of grudge toward you "over the past" or whatever. I deserve the blow-back for the most part.

I genuinely appreciate your professionalism here, with regard to trying to simply do what's right. If only doing the right thing, were always the easy thing to do....

Cheers! :beer:

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »

So, if you dont like me; Oops, sorry (I dont like it, but...). If you do like me; great (That's cool but i'm already married and stuff so if you don't mind really sloppy seconds...).

FTFY

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
RenderMan,
I think you are taking your `screwup' a little to seriously (`egregious offense'). Lighten up. So you offended someone, I've offended one or two people. Dont be afraid to stick your neck out a bit (that's how everyone learns) but just expect to get called out once and a while. ...People forget mistakes but they dont forget stupid.

As a proof for my last statement: Try to forget Maverick.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

jgr

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 12:20:59 AM »
in Spain we say:
"No ofende quien quiere sino quien puede"

I started to translate the documentation (without google), and now lsp_xlsl will be based on npoi.codeplex.com,  and therefore now will be open source (also exist for Bricscad v11, .NET API).

bYe.

Even after leaving military service (US Army AIRBORNE, Jan 2000-Jun 2009),...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do not understand why you talk about the army, but here I have served seven years, 1999 -2007 at  2ème Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes et le 13ª DBLE, only for men.