Author Topic: NLS AutoCad Alert  (Read 4971 times)

Duncan Idaho

NLS AutoCad Alert
« on: December 05, 2003, 09:05:43 AM »
Hello all,
I'm a first time poster to the boards and a long time lurker and have really enjoyed the helpful hints you guys provide for n00bs like myself, Thank you all!

I recently received some P &ID's from a outside engineering firm and when I open the drawings I get a NLS Autocad Alert. The message refers to a missing Font (I think) and says that some information may be lost if I continue to open the drawing. I did a help search in acad and it refers to the Regional Settings in the windows Control Panel. I'm not sure where to go from here. The end result I'm shooting for is to get this Alert message to go away when opening all the drawings. We are running Acad 2002 and the engineering firm was also. The engineering firm was Japanese if that has any bearing on this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
NLS AutoCad Alert
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 10:32:53 AM »
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Duncan Idaho

NLS AutoCad Alert
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 11:22:56 AM »
Thank you Mark!! I see the solution to my problem but the trick is going to be getting it done. I work for the same company that the cartoon guy Dilbert works for and its going to be an act of god to accomplish this easy fix  :( . Sorry I didn't go to Autodesk and research the info you found for me but my past searches on other topics there have proven to be extremely uninformative.  Thanks again  :D

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
NLS AutoCad Alert
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 11:27:46 AM »
Quote from: Duncan Idaho
Sorry I didn't go to Autodesk and research the info you found for me but my past searches on other topics there have proven to be extremely uninformative.

Some times the planets all line up just right. :D  You're welcome and goodluck!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)