Author Topic: A strange column ( between 2 3Dsolid )  (Read 1784 times)

SOFITO_SOFT

A strange column ( between 2 3Dsolid )
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
Hello all swampy people:
Based on the 2 prisms (yellow and white) I want to get the solid green ...

It's the only one of all solids that I have had to be handled manually. I see no way to calculate this solid "on automatic"
Any idea is welcome.
Greetings form Madrid.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: A strange column ( between 2 3Dsolid )
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
Perhaps use the vla-Boolean method on the 3D Column, using the acSubtraction parameter to substract each of the 3D prisms.

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
Hello everyone:
Lee: yes, I've tried that too. But after subtracting the 2 prisms, still remains in the column (red) solid I do not care. I tried to apply a SEPARATE, hoping to have 3 solid, of which the middle is the good, but , unfortunately , Autocad not well separated these fragments, linked by singles edges.
A method that works I do, is the scale, for example, 1.00001 each prisms, from the center of gravity. So, now, the 3 pieces are actually separated a few thousandths, but of course, is a little sloppy. Volume real central piece (ORANGE) is 18350.732   and not 18349.832 
Thanks for your interest.
Greetings.

SEANT

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 05:52:03 AM »
Can we assume that the yellow and white prisms have been inserted via code?   The points as well?  If three points on the yellow's top surface, as well as three on the white’s bottom, can be isolated then a slice operation would be a useful bit of preprocessing.

A Boolean subtraction on the sliced extrusion should then return the solid shown.
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
hello SEANT
Can we assume that the yellow and white prisms have been inserted via code?  <<<< No. Are pieces of decks slabs bridge.

The points as well? are drawn to calculate the projection of the prisms in XY. It has given me lazy to delete later.
 If three points on the yellow's top surface, as well as three on the white’s bottom, can be isolated then a slice operation would be a useful bit of preprocessing. A Boolean subtraction on the sliced extrusion should then return the solid shown.
<<<< My example was not very well chosen. I post one more representative. This solved "by approximation". By scaling over the two intersections of prisms with the column and subtracting from it. The differences in size and volume are tolerable for studies of this type (<0.0001 mt)

Thanks for your interest.
Greetings.

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
Hello:
Eventually have to finely calculate the column.
the method is pointed out by Lee with a refinement.
- the intersection plan
- is extruded across the range of height (column base)
- interferes with the 2 solid
- And now comes the trick: :-o
   for these 2 solid new faces are calculated look up at the bottom, and down at the top.
- become a solid extruding excess overall height
- column base subtracting these 2 solid
Et voilà ... Is laborious, but it works, even if the original solids are partially outdated.
If someone wants to code, say it.
Greetings from Madrid. :-) :-)