Author Topic: clipping planes and solids not showing ACAD 2010  (Read 12776 times)

barc

Re: clipping planes and solids not showing ACAD 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
I built a toggle for shademode between a "conceptual" viewstyle and "2D wireframe". When I "really need to see something, toggle in on, check, then back off, and I'm on my way.
That's not a bad idea.  I use 'plot preview' because it's not often I need to see things how they really are (I am usually in model space when I do that) and when I need to check things in paperspace, I usually also want to know how it will print (ie, with color table effects) and there's a lot more information I need/want to see that is taken care of during the plot preview, incidental to just seeing if I got the objects shown/clipped right in the viewport.  I found too many cases where I'd toss up a shaded Visual style and still want to do a quick Ctrl+P;Alt+P to see the preview.
Usually the toggle works for most things, however there are times when I really want to make sure what will print and I'll use the print preview, but I usually reserve the plot preview to just prior to plotting.  The toggle reduces the time I need the preview during the drawing development.