Author Topic: Where can I find a list of all the 3d commands in 2012  (Read 4993 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Where can I find a list of all the 3d commands in 2012
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
Trying to do something in 3d.   Ugghhh!. 

Where can I find a list of all the 3d commands in 2012?  It has been so freaking long since I had to do something in 3d that I can not remember all the commands.   IN is in the help file but when trying to search for 3 commands it comes with surface modifying crap

And how the heck do I trim some solids back to a come line in the sand much like the trim command can do for 2d geometry.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

JCTER

Re: Where can I find a list of all the 3d commands in 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »
I dunno where you could find all the commands for 3D.

here's the biggies off the top of my head

SOLIDEDIT
SLICE
EXTRUDE
REVOLVE
LOFT
SWEEP
REGION
INTERSECT
SUBTRACT
UNION
ALIGN (using this in 3D is much dif than in 2D so it warrants repeating)
.x
.y
.z
(yea, point filters aren't 3D exclusively, but they're uber important in 3D, imo)

that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Trying to do something in 3d.   Ugghhh!. 

Where can I find a list of all the 3d commands in 2012?  It has been so freaking long since I had to do something in 3d that I can not remember all the commands.   IN is in the help file but when trying to search for 3 commands it comes with surface modifying crap

And how the heck do I trim some solids back to a come line in the sand much like the trim command can do for 2d geometry.
SLICE
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
It was one I need it done yesterday jobs because the contractor is sitting on hands doing nothing.  So I kicked it back to boss and said you can sketch this on paper 100 times faster and it will be done exactly like the way you want it thus resulting in very minimal down time for the contractor.  What pisses me off (and is embarrassing) is that; one, it kicked my butt and two I really want to get into 3d where as I am thinking of going elsewhere just to do it.   But this was not the time to play and learn.   :x

**sigh**
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
It was one I need it done yesterday jobs because the contractor is sitting on hands doing nothing.  So I kicked it back to boss and said you can sketch this on paper 100 times faster and it will be done exactly like the way you want it thus resulting in very minimal down time for the contractor.  What pisses me off (and is embarrassing) is that; one, it kicked my butt and two I really want to get into 3d where as I am thinking of going elsewhere just to do it.   But this was not the time to play and learn.   :x

**sigh**
I can always help in situations like this...
OK maybe not always; as my schedule permits.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/