Author Topic: volume units  (Read 2014 times)

rooster jk

volume units
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
i'm trying to write a lisp where i want to set the volume units of the drawing with something like the following:
Code: [Select]
(setvar "not sure what goes here" cubic inches)
the problem i'm having is i can't seem to find the system variable that controls volume...any ideas???

again i'm using Architecture 2011 (not Revit)

SOFITO_SOFT

Re: volume units
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »
hello:
Command: lunits
Enter new value for LUNITS <2>: 1

See      LUNITS    ( Linear UNITS )
Greetings

barc

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »

rooster jk

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »
hello:
Command: lunits
Enter new value for LUNITS <2>: 1

See      LUNITS    ( Linear UNITS )
Greetings

i did some reasearch on the lunits and have found that it only controls the format of the linear units
1   Scientific
2   Decimal
3   Engineering
4   Architectural
5   Fractional

this isn't what i'm trying to control really..althought probably good to know since i'm wanting the output to be in decimal.  but i'm really trying to control what units the volume is in.  i'm thinking that this control doesn't appear in regular CAD and is specific to the Architecture.  it is very similiar to the Area units that is in regular CAD though.

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
Hello:
the selection of what constitutes a unit is a matter of the user. You might think that 1 is one meter, one micron, a Amstron or a light-year. LUNITS variable only shows you in a certain format. The method is sufficiently open for anything geometrize to locate it at any point in Euclidean space. I do not know where you want to or want to control.
I'm Having the problem is i can not seem to find the system variable controls That volume ...
No such variable volume control .... only is the linear unit cubed.
Greetings.