Author Topic: AutoCAD 2012, gripes and hypes  (Read 25458 times)

KewlToyZ

Re: AutoCAD 2012, gripes and hypes
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
OK, I use the acad2012doc.lsp in a custom Support folder because it seems to work better than the acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp.
It avoids being altered by Service Packs that way. In the last 4 builds it also seems to have a higher rate of success in function.
While it may not be right, it works and lets me centralize some other requirements for the sake of control simplicity.

I also use a custom profile because quite simply, it is the best means for controlling palettes.
Design center just hasn't worked successfully for me in deploying across multiple machines quickly and easily.

I find it very irritating the Developers can't seem to agree on a simple naming convention.
Is it the NAV Cube or is it the View cube? The options and sysvars seem to be bugged due to that fact.

sinc

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
OK, I use the acad2012doc.lsp in a custom Support folder because it seems to work better than the acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp.

????

KewlToyZ

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:33 PM »

????

Yeah me too, I kept scratching my head back with 2010 why it was happening. Finally just gave up and went with it.
Mainly using a reactor for the cannoscale system controlling line type scaling and other variables.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »

????

Yeah me too, I kept scratching my head back with 2010 why it was happening. Finally just gave up and went with it.
Mainly using a reactor for the cannoscale system controlling line type scaling and other variables.
Perhaps I should specify a bit more about the custom Support folder.
I created a single folder with child sub folders on the root of everyones C:\ drive.
Mainly to hold the Autosave's, temp files, plot logs, etc..., it makes support and help desk a lot easier to navigate.
It also holds the Support folder for all custom routines.
I use a bat file for the entire domain to update the files upon restart of the work stations when I need updates to be pushed.
It helps with maintenance and alleviates a lot of manual labor on my part as we changed versions with every upgrade.
Also it let me manage things easier with work flow changing in the organization as well as the format of client standards always evolving.
Centralizing most of the routines on the local machine and only keeping the profile and blocks on the network also let me minimize overhead on the network for the interface.

MelissaDaisy99

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »
I have yet to run it thru it paces to really find what I do or don't like.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
Well when you do, let us know and welcome to TheSwamp. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

JCTER

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »
First time I saw the post, it has spam in the sig.  I'm pretty sure it's a spam bot, but we'll see. :)

Dinosaur

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 10:39:46 PM »
First time I saw the post, it has spam in the sig.  I'm pretty sure it's a spam bot, but we'll see. :)
I saw your report James and thought it was a bit suspicious also ... I just couldn't see enough on the face of it to nuke the post, esp. since it was apparently her first one.  As you stated, we'll see.

JCTER

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 12:00:28 AM »
I saw your report James and thought it was a bit suspicious also ... I just couldn't see enough on the face of it to nuke the post, esp. since it was apparently her first one.  As you stated, we'll see.
Yea, I figured that's why it was still as it was.

M-dub

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »
When I turn SNAP on, it only snaps to the points when a command is active.  Is there a way to have it always active as long as snap is turned on?
It's just always been a quick way to visually check to see if objects were on snap or not.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
I do not think I understand but I sometimes use shift + right-click and the letter of snap I want

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
I really HATE how 2012 Civil 3D appears to have broken the Grid View for alignment editing.
It seems to create every entity as constrained and thus no edits are possible within the grid view.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »
I do not think I understand but I sometimes use shift + right-click and the letter of snap I want
He is talking about Grid Snap, not Object Snap (OSNAP) modes.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 11:41:42 AM »
Soory, 
My cross hairs turn yellow when I move over grid crossing

BlackBox

• King Gator