Author Topic: MLEADER and internal blocks  (Read 1933 times)

alexeispirit

• Mosquito
MLEADER and internal blocks
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:44 AM »
Hi, everyone!
I'm creating multileader and setting block in it's style (2 MTEXT and LINE). I have to change the LINE length property in dynamic block according to MTEXT length. I'm trying to get the block programmatically but unsuccessfully.
Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

• Swamp Rat
Re: MLEADER and internal blocks
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »
Hi, everyone!
I'm creating multileader and setting block in it's style (2 MTEXT and LINE). I have to change the LINE length property in dynamic block according to MTEXT length. I'm trying to get the block programmatically but unsuccessfully.
Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

I dont know that you can use a dynamic block and modify its properties in a multileader, its the same way with dynamic blocks in tables.  Autodesk just doesnt seem to think it is important, I think we've been asking for it for at least the last 4 or 5 releases.
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

alexeispirit

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
And there is no way to get the handle of any block in MLEADER?

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
I think you only option is to make a Dynamic block that mimics an MLeader with a stretch parameter so you can manually stretch the block 'box' to fit the constraints of the text or, you can choose a fixed size ratio for the block and use an attribute with a FIT justification so it will always stay within the defined constraints of the block (which you can use within an MLeader.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

alexeispirit

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 10:18:09 PM »
Yeah, I suppose it's the only way to do what I need.
Thanks for help.