Author Topic: wipeouts in R14  (Read 5839 times)

stevemac

wipeouts in R14
« on: December 04, 2003, 01:37:06 PM »
Still suffering in the r14 mode here at the job,  heres the question..
I have some text in paperspace, I want to wipeout the topo in modelspace behind it, i'll create a polyline in paperspace around the text, use the wipeout command, bring the text to the front of the draw order, but when it comes to plotting it, the text in paperspace is a no show...

I moved the wipeout to modelspace, but it didnt block out the topo as I needed ?... is r14 a pain with wipeouts ?, is it worth the time to spend to solve this problem or should I stay the course of the "old way" (3dface with an elevation attached to it)  and thats a pain in the ass....

thanks for the new fourm Dent (he sent me here) dont scold him for it !!

Thanks up front.... Steve

t-bear

wipeouts in R14
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 03:37:33 PM »
Seems to me, we used to draw a rectangle in MS opn a wipe-out layer, give it a thickness (.0003?) and turn it off (not freeze).  This should hide anything under it.
Sorry, but it's been years since we did any of that.  On a side note, it's really wierd opening a three/four year old dwg and trying to remember just what we DID back then..... :roll:

HTH.........

stevemac

WIPEOUT
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 11:24:08 AM »
Yep, thats the sort of old way it's done in r14, thickness to the line or pop it at some dumb-ass elevation ?... thought maybe i was missing something but r14 is a dinasour in this dept of wipeouts... (what ?... cant remember how to do something 4 years later ?) I cant remember starting this reply.

Thanks bear... later    Steve