Author Topic: Group Project: Change item(s) to Layer [Discussion]  (Read 27047 times)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Re: Group Project: Change item(s) to Layer [Discussion]
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »
Lee's code submission has been committed (added) to the project. 
(revision 21)
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
oh that's too bad. Is there any particular reason Lee; maybe someone else shares your sentiments and will be unwilling to participate in future projects. If we have the opportunity to address and fix those concerns now...

I just want to keep things simple really - I'm happy to frequent the forums and participate where I can.

At any rate, thank you for the submission. Will you still be available for any revisions or additions?

You're welcome, and I'll certainly be available for revisions and additions.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
@Lee: If you do not wish to learn SVN that is okay.

@Everyone else: dgorsman has obviously put a lot of time into developing this repository and i do not want anyone to misconstrue Lee's statement by thinking that SVN is difficult or convoluted in any way; nothing can be simpler then a right click. The TortoiseSVN interface is integrated into Windows Explorer and commands are accessed through a right click on a file or folder. For example: To add files to this repository, the tasks are very simple: Place or create a file in a folder, right click on it and "ADD" it. Then "COMMIT" the project (`commit' in this instance means to upload the file(s) to theSwamp).

A Version Control System (VCS) is used by all professional developers (and other trades). The SVN version control system is very simple to use and is widely used. There are many VCS' to choose from, each one has their benefits and quirks but once you understand the basics of one brand of a VCS you can usually start using another brand in very little time (they all have the ability to "ADD", "UPDATE" and "COMMIT" files and folders).

If anyone needs help with TortoiseSVN please do not hesitate to ask. For those of you who are in the US, if you would be more comfortable talking on the phone i would be more then happy to have a conversation to walk you through the process.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
I didn't put *that* much time into putting it together.  That should be a good idea of how simple it is.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »
sorry guys, I'm pretty much swamped until mid/late summer.  If I'm lucky I'll get a few minutes here and there to put something together.  It would be much easier if I had the Internet out in the field.

*edit*  I just went back to the kickoff thread.  Can someone provide some documentation on the project so when I do get a chance, I can have some sort information to use as a base for the template.  Getting the formatting setup should be relatively simple if I have something to work from.  There doesnt have to be any particular format to the documentation provided, I just need plain text, and can setup the format from there.
Boss (Decision Maker):
        Se7en

Lieutenant (Package Assembly):
        dgorsman
        jane doe

Assassin (Documentation editor);
        barc
        Chris

Soldier (Coder / Documentation creation):
        Lee Mac
        alanjt
        pBe