Author Topic: A C3D.. render issues  (Read 12074 times)

acurr3

Re: A C3D.. render issues
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
Almost ready to shoot my self.. well..... I guess I've already shot myself with the way ive gone about doing this project so far....LOL

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »
OR

Ignore everything I typed above....

Simply go to your Round About Surface...

Expand the Definition, and PASTE each of your seperate traffic seperator islands into the final surface model....and have a nice day.

the circled are is due to your regions/data overlapping each other in that area...and there are more.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

acurr3

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »
im sorry, I thought I was being funny, I hope you were not offended by my last reply.. I do truely appreciate everything that you have helped me with..

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 02:02:48 PM »
oh.. okay.. well.. right now I do not have the actual views created for the splitter island alignments... but it seems like you are saying to just create a view of the profile.. add an actual created desgn profiles in the views, set the alignment to the design profile, and from there, I can just adjust the design profiles until the splitter islands actually sit upon the roundabout surface...
they are in the right place..it's just how, and when you've created the data....read the post that begins with IGNORE everything.

However the method outlined in the Use a Dummy corridor method however opens up some other design methods.
As sometimes THE solution, isn't found in a single corridor, however it's output can be leveraged to create the FINAL design corridor much easier.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
im sorry, I thought I was being funny, I hope you were not offended by my last reply.. I do truely appreciate everything that you have helped me with..
not offended in the least....

in fact one would have to try quite a bit to accomplish that, and even then I'll still try to help   :kewl:

Shame I don't get in your area more or it would be fun to stop in and help you guys out at the school.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
When I expand the definition am I just looking at the edit and paste, or are there other definitions that need to be expounded upon..

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »
When I expand the definition am I just looking at the edit and paste, or are there other definitions that need to be expounded upon..
Right Click on Edit...You will find the PASTE operation...Paste Each Island Surface into the Roundabout one...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
alright.. thanks for everything.. unfortunatedly, even after i paste to the surface, which is a method I tried to used after seeing a tutorial on A.U. I still do not get some of the splitters in the render..  I do get the splitters to show the upraised proile in the object view, but not in the render view. for now, we're the only group who is going to have any sort o 3d rendering so... hopefully what I have will do... I might just add a few cars, the yield signage and set up a report with the sag and crest vert curves and all the proposals or the intersection design.. along with the google earth abilities of autocad, Im sure we will be better than the other groups.. but If you have any other suggestions they are more than welcomed.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
I'm going to finish pasting the rest of your splitter corridor surfaces in; just to see what I get here.
Then, I'm going to tell you to go do the steps BEFORE I said IGNORE everything. With Everything in one corridor.
This should solve some of the feature line connection issues. Right now some of your Top Links can't connect to each other properly, as they are seperated by being in different corridors.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
Alright.   I need to know if I am thinkng about the dummy corridore correctly.   1st) I create assemblies that,only pertain to the pavement. 2nd) create a entire corridor as I did before.  Intersections and all. 3rd) create a surface using this dummy corridor and put the splitters on that.   Also how would I turn off the settings that you mentioned so that the dummy corridor is not in the render....  Also please be patient with me.  Ive done autocad but ive only been at the c3d for d days now.   They have been a long four days....  But none the less.....  I am an extreme novice

Dinosaur

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
~~ive only been at the c3d for d days now.   They have been a long four days....  But none the less.....  I am an extreme novice
WOW!  Only 4 days ... well done.  I had not tackled rendering after 4 years.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »
Alright.   I need to know if I am thinkng about the dummy corridore correctly.   1st) I create assemblies that,only pertain to the pavement. 2nd) create a entire corridor as I did before.  Intersections and all. 3rd) create a surface using this dummy corridor and put the splitters on that.   Also how would I turn off the settings that you mentioned so that the dummy corridor is not in the render....  Also please be patient with me.  Ive done autocad but ive only been at the c3d for d days now.   They have been a long four days....  But none the less.....  I am an extreme novice
Correct...only the DUMMY corridor is used 'only' for surfaces/profiles for the DESIGN or FINAL corridor model to use.
In the Design Corridor, be sure to model EVERYTHING in one giant corridor.
The one you started is fine, only swap out your targets for those created by the DUMMY.
AND most importantly all of the Diversion Islands.

The dummy Corridor will not show up anywhere...as you are going to assign a NO DISPLAY style to all of it.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
Thanks sparky...  To see that keeps me encouraged when I want to throw my laptop an the next homeless guy making more money than me in one day of begging, than do during a whole week at my student job....  (no offense to the homeless people who really do want to work and cant find jobs)

acurr3

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Also.  Thanks alot michael.  All though I am on break from my 2 1/2 hr fracture mechanics class and im not near my cad I do see what you mean now pertaining to tageting everthing to the dummy corridor.   Hopefully ill have enough energy to try it when I get home tonight

Dinosaur

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:49 PM »
Thanks sparky...  To see that keeps me encouraged when I want to throw my laptop an the next homeless guy making more money than me in one day of begging, than do during a whole week at my student job....  (no offense to the homeless people who really do want to work and cant find jobs)
You are very welcome, but best hold off chucking the laptop for a while yet ... there will be plenty of temptations to do that as you continue trying to tame this beast.  Just wait until you try to start trying to modify sewer design profiles that are already annotated to design document criteria.