Author Topic: Need Help Urget - will pay.  (Read 33336 times)

vnsharifi

Need Help Urget - will pay.
« on: April 01, 2011, 12:23:30 AM »
I am too busy and need some help.  Anybody interested for a little bit side work, I would be appreciated and besides  I can give you more jobs if we can work together .it is very easy job  if you have  some  already written modules and routines.  My Email is Vahids@3web.com. I will pick the lower bids .

Give me the price and I will pay by PayPal, in 3 payments as follow.

20%- up to step 3

40%- at step 7

40%- after finishing.

Here is Project:

There is a dynamic block name  “ test 1“  which looks like a  U  . Three  lines . all legs are stretchable and has grip points .

Code requirement is :

1-Program should be in vb.net compatible with autocad 2010  or c sharp.

2-After insertion of  “test1”  by user. Program  prompt for another point and   a text should  be placed on second point, showing the length of 3 lines  separated with comma, with 2 decimal points.

3-If user edit the text values, the block should automatically adjust the length.

4-User are not allowed to change the name of “test1” dynamic block but other blocks are allowed.

5-User are not allowed to explode   block  “test1”. But other blocks should be  explodable.

6-If user delete the  text ,the block should be deleted automatically . And vice versa.

7-Double click on block or text bring a message box showing  the  length of lines.

8-When user stretch the lines using  grips , the text should be updated with new lengths accordingly.

9- need a new command- which are able to associate  any object on drawing  to that block. By Associate  I mean if user delete original text or block all associated objects would be deleted and even if user double click on new associated object it will bring that  message box on screen.

Email me you offers and I will get back to you when I got enough  volunteers. Thanks

David.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Need Help Urget - will pay.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »

I'll play the game ..

I see you added C# after your post at ADDG :)

How much do YOU think it's worth to you ??

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

vnsharifi

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
Kerry,
Thanks for reply, yes I added c#, Because all Pros writing in c#, I barely even know vb, But this company i am working with , not using very
complicated stuff in autocad. I just relaized there are a couple websites which I could use to convert the code to vb.
regard with other question ,how much does  it worth to me??
Well to be honest. It worth my job . because if i can't write this part  by end of summer they will let me go.
This forum is a educational forum. let's not put business into this,please.
I was kind of ashamed to put my first post here.
email me at vnsharifi@gmail.com please.
David(vahid)
Thanks

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »

Do you have the Dynamic block built ??

I don't believe a program conforming to your specifications can be build in .NET, or lisp (com based) .
Perhaps ObjectARX using custom objects would satisfy parts of your requirements.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

vnsharifi

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
Kerry,
Thanks for Reply. Yes the block is already built
 That u shape is a fiber Glass construction material. It could be any shape. the reason I said dynamic block  is , on drawing user may want to put a top view or side view or plan view of shape.
But that is just graphical part of it in AutoCAD.
So user inserts that block inside drawing. Before insertion a dialog pops up and user should fill in 80 fields. It contain some specification, to build that, in shop, like how many, coat color, strength, type of saw should be used, which city to be delivered and so on.
The other programmer who was replaced by me created  an user define objects and hold all graphical shapes and information inside the drawing like you suggested . It is working but very slow. I have no clue about object ARx. So I have no right to judge him. But I know in a drawing file we could have 1000 of these shapes on top of all other object s in drawing. So speed is very important
Now on my interview I suggested, to have and external database but synced. They liked the idea and I was hired. Now I am in deep ……
So what I am thinking is when I insert the block all 80 fields to be exported to MDB database which would be handled inside AutoCAD by using SQL Scripts.
Now if I double click on u shape all those 80 fields should be extracted from database and shown on a dialog on AutoCAD. If I erase that U shape from drawing the record should be erased from database. If I change the length of those legs, the same, if I copy that, in database it should create another record.  Shape should have a name on drawing which is attached to shape on drawing, that name is not necessarily   unique. Like we could have 2 Kerry’s in Dallas but they don’t have the same Social security number. But label (name) and shape are always connected 
That‘s it. Now what do you think? Shall I look for another job? Heheheheheheh.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »
Now on my interview I suggested, to have and external database but synced. They liked the idea and I was hired. Now I am in deep ……

So they thought it was too slow storing information in  1 database and to speed it up store it in 2 databases's?

vnsharifi

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
Jeff it was my Idea and I make them believe, it would work. God knows. Because I personally don't know.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:59 PM »
Maybe if you posted what the first programmer created in the ARX forum or send to some people private they will probably take a look at it for you.

LE3

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
The other programmer who was replaced by me created  an user define objects and hold all graphical shapes and information inside the drawing like you suggested . It is working but very slow. I have no clue about object ARx. So I have no right to judge him. But I know in a drawing file we could have 1000 of these shapes on top of all other object s in drawing. So speed is very important

- On what programming language the original application was developed?
- Why don't you try first to update the code, find the drawbacks and see if it is possible to work from there, instead from scratch?
- It is better to be honest in your interviews, when you do not know tell them.

Good luck!

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »

Do you have the Dynamic block built ??

I don't believe a program conforming to your specifications can be build in .NET, or lisp (com based) .
Perhaps ObjectARX using custom objects would satisfy parts of your requirements.

I would assume it could be done with Extension Dictionaries, and Object Reactors.  The reactor part would depend on how dynamic blocks work.  Like if they change handles or what then they get edited.  The extension dictionary would store the data within the drawing.  No need for an external database, and if the object get deleted, then so does the information associated with it from the drawing.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

vnsharifi

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
Thank you gentlemens for all nice advices ,
Still I am waiting for an offer.

vnsharifi

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
Tim Willey, Thanks for looking and reading.
Are your really  into this? If you think it is doable
Could have  we a deal ? Others made comment but so far
I think they are review the project.
I know it is hard. I don't have that experience to do this part.

vnsharifi

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
Mr LE ,
The original program   was created in ObjetArx. the original code was disappeared after he was laid off.
I was honest, to my common sense, it is doable. I know and am pretty sure it is doable even if in vb.
It was a matter of time and I didn't expect a dead line.
Now if you think it is doable and you have that experience  just roll up the sleeve and give me a hand and I am willingly share
what I am earning with you.

LE3

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
Mr LE ,
The original program   was created in ObjetArx. the original code was disappeared after he was laid off.
I was honest, to my common sense, it is doable. I know and am pretty sure it is doable even if in vb.
It was a matter of time and I didn't expect a dead line.
Now if you think it is doable and you have that experience  just roll up the sleeve and give me a hand and I am willingly share
what I am earning with you.

Two weeks earlier, I would take it... but can't right now.

I write code also in ObjectARX and it is very strange that the original application it is running very slow, BTW.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »
I think it could work, but I don't have a working computer at home right now, so I don't want to say I could do it.  Hope you find someone to help though.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.