Author Topic: scale bar challenge  (Read 15451 times)

drizzt

Re: scale bar challenge
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
Yes it can be done,
You would set up block and make a lookuptable(not dynamic block type, but for matching scale to visibility parameter) or whatever to change with VP custom scale then use an event before plot to look at layout's plotsettings(Page SetUp) custom scale.

I would use bar scale because I thought it was common knowledge to always check any dimensions against the bar to check.
A block http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=38480.msg435894#msg435894 as idea

Yeah.... common knowledge....

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
Yes it can be done,
You would set up block and make a lookuptable(not dynamic block type, but for matching scale to visibility parameter) or whatever to change with VP custom scale then use an event before plot to look at layout's plotsettings(Page SetUp) custom scale.

I would use bar scale because I thought it was common knowledge to always check any dimensions against the bar to check.
A block http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=38480.msg435894#msg435894 as idea

Yeah.... common knowledge....
This is comming from working in the field before I ever looked at AutoCAD

drizzt

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »
Maybe I am just a worry wort about someone scaling something off of one of my drawings and comming back to me about misrepresenting the scale of the drawing. It has never happened in the 11 years I have been doing this, not sure why I would think it will now.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 01:17:26 PM »
Maybe I am just a worry wort about someone scaling something off of one of my drawings and comming back to me about misrepresenting the scale of the drawing. It has never happened in the 11 years I have been doing this, not sure why I would think it will now.
that would be why most folks actually place a note on the drawings that tells them DO NOT SCALE FROM PLANS; and we place stations and offsets on things so that they won't....doesn't me that they still do...however they have been warned!!!   :evil:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
I can just hear myself.... "did you look at the scale bar you idiot"....(or stationing etc...)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
I can just hear myself.... "did you look at the scale bar you idiot"....(or stationing etc...)
Omit the IDIOT, and all should go well enough   :evil:   :wink:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
We do mostly CORP and they require drawings to be 24x36 and a set of Pdf's printed half size.
Maybe have a 2 plot style tables one half and one full and a bar scale that shows both and each on a certain color then for each color in the appropriate plot style table set the color to print white, screening to 1 etc......

drizzt

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 04:47:13 PM »
We do mostly CORP and they require drawings to be 24x36 and a set of Pdf's printed half size.
Maybe have a 2 plot style tables one half and one full and a bar scale that shows both and each on a certain color then for each color in the appropriate plot style table set the color to print white, screening to 1 etc......

also a good idea!

bdough15

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »
We do most street reconstructions on 22 x 34 for the 11 x 17 half scale reason, we have a scale bar on it that represents the 22x 34 scale and even the Contractors seem smart enough to figure out that if they slap their scale on the scale bar and it does not come out right they should try 40 scale instead of 20 scale.  We have not really had a problem yet...except when someone sends out things scaled to fit, then everyone is pissed!