Author Topic: HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED  (Read 2138 times)

WARBIE

HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED
« on: January 21, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
I'm a new user at this forum, i am looking for lisp or vba files to help me automate my 2d and 3d piping and ventilationsystem drawings. Is there ANYONE on this forum who can help me???

Please don't start programming, just give me what you hopefully already have.

example: 2D and/ or 3D (prefered with steel standards sizes)
-GENERATE PIPE (2 OUTHER LINES AND A CENTERLINE)
-STRETCH PIPES
-GENERATE CORNERS

THANKS
WARBIE

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:12:01 AM »
Can't offer any code, but wow, your name really took me by surprise. It's a name I haven't heard in 20 years or so -- I use to know of a WARBIE that did lights and sound for bands, couple times for us, "back in the day". Anyway, sorry for the tangent. It's late and I just went "wow" when I saw the name.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

jorgen

HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:53:24 AM »
Warbie, are you a P.E. and just need to do diagramatic stuff or do you need to get into more rigorous detail?

If you're doing diagramatic work, you can try Randy Wilkinson for a quick download of his stuff - www.hvacware.net.

If, on the other hand, you need to do commercial/industrial detailing (as I do) you really need to be running a commercial package, a few I have used are:
Quickpen, CadPipe, Intelicad and SPD. Most of those are relatively 'high-end' packages, even by Autodesk standards (some are 24k a seat).

As for automation, what is it you need to automate?
Just drawings? Plasma shear? Automating takoffs? Spooling pipe? 3D? Walkarounds? Renderings?

All of the above do that and more. Autoroute, collision-check, takeoffs, 2D/3D (mixed as well) and some can run a plama shear directly, spool pipe, do flanges, tanks, pumps and section duct.

You might go to www.intelicad.com and see if you can get in touch with Matt Milner for a working demo (again, if you need to do detailing).

You might also try CadDuct or maybe MechQ (both do piping as well), I think they may be a little more reasonable (especially MechQ).

Tony

WARBIE

HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 04:48:55 PM »
I need to automate the production of my drawings, I am from holland and use packages called nordined or stabicad, I think they have the same functions as the ones named above.

I don't want to use this packages because the only functions of this packages I find usefull are the automation functions for creating certain objects like pipes , ducts etc. This is possible without these expensive packages with the use of a collection of vba and lisp, or arx.

What I am trying to do for my home office is create a collection of lisp and blocks etc to create my own app. the way I like it.

I draw floorplans 2d and technical areas and shafts 3d. The layouts are all 2d

Thanks for the replys

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
HVAC AUTOMATION NEEDED
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 09:40:39 AM »
Well i dont have any HVAC or Piping routines (and i work in the feild too) either.

However, we do have some killer apps floating arround in the forum that you could modify to fit your needs. Or if you wanted to develop some applications, we got cha covered on that end too. TheSwamp has its own CVS. (Just like the core of Sourceforge and all those other software sites.) So i guess the choice is yours, what do you want to do / how much time do you have / etc.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org