Author Topic: Moving Text and an Attribute along an horizontal line  (Read 4383 times)

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
Moving Text and an Attribute along an horizontal line
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:31:48 AM »
Is it possible to move text and an attribute along an horizontal line with in a block according to the length of the attribute?  I know that you can not contrain text or an attribute.  But would it be possible to use constrains to get the text and attribute to move?

The attached drawing also have an explanation.
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Chris

• Swamp Rat
Re: Moving Text and an Attribute along an horizontal line
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
I tried to do that once, I couldnt get anything to work.  I have street name signs, and I want the space between words to always be 2 units apart, however, you cant constrain an attribute or text based on its length, only its insertion point, which doesnt help my situation.  However, with some complex programming you could probably figure something out, but that level of programming is way over my head, so I decided I would just continue to move the text manually, and not create a block.
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Moving Text and an Attribute along an horizontal line
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
Why don't you put the full text in the attribute and center justify? Make the default "THE MASTER HELD AT THE BKS " then insert the block and add the location.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC