Author Topic: RTEXT  (Read 2088 times)

Russ

RTEXT
« on: January 21, 2005, 09:41:31 AM »
One of our drafters uses Rtext and when he reopened a drawing his Rtext was shown as a box and he could not change the properties or erase it. I don't know much about Rtext due to the fact I don't us it but, I checked all the proxy settings and they were  fine. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
RTEXT
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 09:42:53 AM »
No answer but, what version are you guys using?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Russ

RTEXT
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:04:07 AM »
We are using Architectural desktop 3.3. We will be upgrading to Acad2005 before long.

Big G

• Bull Frog
RTEXT
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:18:37 AM »
Russ,
Im using 2K5 here and using the RText creates problems with different versions of CAD.
Basically it comes down to having the Express Tools loaded, which (im assuming) Architectural Desktop doesnt.

When you upgrade to 2K5 this should eliminate the problem internally, but if you send drawings out to people who dont have the express tools loaded will get the box again. The only way ive found around this is to explode them. Which defeats the purpose of the rtext anyway!!!!

Hope that helps
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

Russ

RTEXT
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:28:58 AM »
Thanks Big G...... He does have the express tools loaded and still has the problem. He can't explode it, move it etc.... the only thing he can do is just freeze the layer it's on. In properties, when he selects it, he gets Acad_proxy entity. Any Ideas!

Big G

• Bull Frog
RTEXT
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 10:46:16 AM »
Try the settings in AutoCAD for Proxy (Object ARX) settings.
Object detect and command invoke?And show proxy graphics?
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

Russ

RTEXT
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »
Thanks Big G. I checked to see if the rtext was loaded and it wasn't. I loaded it and all is great. I should have checked that first before checking all the proxy settings. Thanks for the help.