Author Topic: Contraint issues  (Read 5544 times)

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
Contraint issues
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
I am having funny problems with a dynamic block I am tiring to create.  The first one insert fine, but then it starts to insert funny for no apparent reason.

Shoul I apply more constraints to the block?

Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Nibster

Re: Contraint issues
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
have you tried clicking on the goofy one, right-clicking, then checking 'reset block'?

what's the 'funny' problem anyway?  Sorry, but you'll have to be a bit more descriptive.  :wink:

I did notice the wonky leader, but it fixed itself after doing what i suggested in my first sentence.

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
I am using Civil 3D.  I know there are a "resetblock"  command.  But I will look into it. 

Thank you

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »
I am using Civil 3D.  I know there are a "resetblock"  command.  But I will look into it. 

Thank you
Willie, why are you not making this thing as a(n) civil 3D structure label style?
It would be dynamic and not require hand entry of the levels.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
I have done that to create a labels for a new pipe network.  And it works like a charm.  But this is to label existing stormwater and sewer system.

edit:  Corrected some grammar mistakes.  I was thinking in Afrikaans and typing in English.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
I have done that to create a labels for a new pipe network.  And it works like a charm.  But this is to label existing stormwater and sewer system.

edit:  Corrected some grammar mistakes.  I was thinking in Afrikaans and typing in English.
that you should ALSO be modeling with C3D.....then your new systems and the old can be checked for interferences.                    just saying

I also suggest that ALL underground utilities be modeled with pipes for just that reason.  Even Telco, and Cable systems.  I have people do that so that all utilities can be shown in profile even if we don't know exactly where they are; this allows for a note alerting the contractor to placed as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:02:47 PM by Higgs Boson's Mate »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:22:55 AM »
At the end of the day, this is what I came up with.  The problem was solved by using a leader with a custom block for an arrow.  One of my colleagues suggested a multileader with a block, but block looses its dynamic functionality when attached to multileaders.  At the end, it gave me the idea of having a leader with a custom block, which works perfect.