Author Topic: "mathematical / geometrical meaning of the dxf code 40 on the spline?  (Read 13009 times)

SOFITO_SOFT

Re: "mathematical / geometrical meaning of the dxf code 40 on the spline?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:17 AM »
Hi :
Keep us posted on your progress. <<<< >>>> Aliens maker starts working ... :lmao:

Greetings  :-) :lol: :-) :lol: :-) :lol:

SEANT

• Bull Frog
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 04:48:50 AM »
You may encourage the Maya and 3ds Max users to do their organic modeling in AutoCAD.  :-)
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical

SOFITO_SOFT

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
Hello all:
You may encourage the Maya <<< ??? ??? ???   
and 3ds Max users to do their organic modeling in AutoCAD.  
The next step really is hard: 3d tessellate homography for each part of the model has a different transf-matrix according to their position. :-o
I only know a bit about Autocad. Does this not be done in 3D Max?.
Greetings from The workshop Aliens. :-)

SEANT

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:45 AM »
I had been giving some occasional attention to this process, Homography/Projective Transformation, since reading this thread last February.  The non-linear entity situation is rather sticky, but I’ve found an effective way of dealing with them without segmentation. 

The .NET code that produced the attached file is so entangled in separate libraries that there is no easy way to post a concise routine here.  I could explain the process, though, if there is any interest. 

Again, though, I’ve headed into an area of limited practicality.   Generally, I do believe faceted curves are good enough for this type of task.  The process I’ve used here would make for smaller file size, and may be fast enough for real-time feedback (if a developer wanted to go that route).   Perhaps also, the better fidelity of these reconstructions via NURBs would avoid hatching issues that could arise at intersections.
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical