Author Topic: Just one toolbar  (Read 1951 times)

RebarDWG

Just one toolbar
« on: January 20, 2005, 09:54:49 PM »
Is there a way I can export 1 toolbar from one cad machine to another?

CADaver

Re: Just one toolbar
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 10:28:04 PM »
Quote from: RebarDWG
Is there a way I can export 1 toolbar from one cad machine to another?
Make a personalMNS, copy just that toolbar out of the source MNS and into the new personal.MNS.  Then menuload it whereever you need.

M-dub

Just one toolbar
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 07:25:54 AM »
What he ^ said ;)

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Just one toolbar
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:42:01 AM »
Download the Toolbar_Extractor.zip

Taken from the Readme file:
TBX.lsp & Toolbar_Extractor.dvb written by Lanny Schiele at TMI Systems Design Corp.

The Toolbar Extactor allows you to extract toolbars from menus.
A very handy tool for CAD managers that must yank custom toolbars that
users have added to AutoCAD's standard menus.

To use, simply unzip the dvb and lsp files to a folder in AutoCAD's file support search path.

Then, just type in:

(load "tbx")

Then, to use, just type in:

TBX

ML

Just one toolbar
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 09:28:18 PM »
Hey Dommy

That is an excellent program!

Whoever did the VBA programming did a great job.

I would love to eloborate on it to allow you to also extract Pulldowns as well as toolbars. Also, it would be good if you had the option to overwrite or add to the new menu

Thank you

Mark

RebarDWG

Just one toolbar
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 08:57:32 AM »
thanks guys

t-bear

Just one toolbar
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 10:02:17 AM »
Yep, this'n is a winner.  Like Mark said though, it would be nice to be able to add/edit the .mnu file from the proggy........ As is, if you already have 20+ toolbars in the file and want to add another, you need to re-select all of them.  Other than that, sweeeet!  This is handy if you want to take your toolbar setup with you or move to another station.  Some companies don't allow modifying the layout....here we like to be a bit more flexible.  Each station is purty much customized to the user, allowing him/her to use those tools that they are most comfortable with.  Only drawback is, as I said, moving from one to the other.  With this, that is not an issue any more.

ML

Just one toolbar
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 07:10:38 PM »
Yes T-Bear you are correct also. That is the one place that this module falls short.
It needs a conditional statement that reads something like

If Acadtoolbar.item already exists or is not nothing, (something like that) Then
Msgbox "This toolbar already exists"
End If

I would like to also be able to extract only parts of the toolbar, pulldowns and parts of the pulldowns.

If you could do that, it would be fantastic.

If anyone is interested enough and I have the creators permission, I could possibly (time permittting) expand it a bit.

t-bear

Just one toolbar
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 09:33:38 AM »
Are you kidding?  You have permission to modify it?  KEWL!  That would be awsome...toolbars AND pulldowns...all or part....WOW!  Take your time....I can wait.  (You got 'til monday, dude!  LOLOL)
If you are seriously considering this, and hit a snag or something, you might consider taking this to the lisp/vba forum or some such.  Two heads are better than one, I'm told, and there must be two dozen here........