Author Topic: Plotting Problems  (Read 1291 times)

Big G

• Bull Frog
Plotting Problems
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »
Has anyone else had the problem of the plotter printing a double line at the top of pages? Or the plotter not correctly joining lines at the top of drawings.

This problem has existed in Consultants where I have worked before and no-one has ever got rid of it?

Its starting to make itself more apparent here now too??

Im open to all sugestions.

Cheers
Big G
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

hendie

Plotting Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 07:59:02 AM »
Sounds like it could be a plotter calibration problem ~ I've never come across it before though.
Have you tried running throught the plotter configurations (not via Autocad) and see if there's a calibration feature  ?

Big G

• Bull Frog
Plotting Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 09:39:49 AM »
Have already tried that approach but no luck?
The title block has a 'double border ' around it and sometimes it makes a difference with the offset of the thicker outside line and the thiner viewport?

Bar making the offset between the border and the viewport HUGE and the drawing looking not as professional, any further ideas?
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

pmvliet

Plotting Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 04:47:41 PM »
depending on how you are plotting and how you format file is setup.
check your page margins in your PC3 file if you are using one.
All plotters have some hardware margin where it cannot plot fullbleed (to the extents of the paper). Usually this is on one side of the paper(width).
For us, our plotters cannot plot 36" wide on 36" paper. It is more like 35.7".

pieter