Author Topic: Question about Projects in ACA and/or AMEP  (Read 4791 times)

StykFacE

Question about Projects in ACA and/or AMEP
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
I recently started diving into teaching myself the procedures in utilizing Projects, setting up Constructs, Elements, Views, and Sheets. I have to say, I love it and I already see how much I've been missing out on. We're about to get a huge multimillion dollar job awarded to us and I want to utilize the full extent of a Project but before I do I have a Quality Control/Standard of Procedure question.

Is it better set save all Projects files in a single directory? Or can I have the Project files in the separate job directories that are assigned on the network?

Right now, probably like a lot of companies, we have on our network a hierarchy of directories for each job. Housed inside each directory we have a folder for CAD Drawings, Shop Drawings, Submittals, POs, etcetera. I would like to keep the Project files in each job folder if I can but would like to hear from a veteran's POV first. Thanks in advance.

- TZF

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: Question about Projects in ACA and/or AMEP
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:16:24 AM »
If you utilize projects I seem to remember you had to have a certain hierarchy because it saves XML files that in them to tell it how to link drawings together. If I remember correctly

StykFacE

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »
If you utilize projects I seem to remember you had to have a certain hierarchy because it saves XML files that in them to tell it how to link drawings together. If I remember correctly

Yeah I'm aware of the XML files attached to the DWG file hierarchy. I was just wondering if it's good practice to keep all projects in one folder, or in separate folders.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
each project to it's own folder
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

StykFacE

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »