Author Topic: Multi-Version assembly references  (Read 6368 times)

slappy

Re: Multi-Version assembly references
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
That's cool!

So the second project still utilizes the classes, modules, etc. from the first project?  Kind "shares" them?
Do they compile together?  If so, how does it differentiate between the projects?
I attempted to debug with this and it gave me a number of errors on exit.

I don't have a "Build" tab, nor can I find the conditional variables.  And I'm using VB.  I know!  I know! :realmad:

LE3

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Sorry - I did not read that you are using the express version... can't help on that nor on VB.NET....  :-o :)

That's cool!

So the second project still utilizes the classes, modules, etc. from the first project?  Kind "shares" them?
Do they compile together?  If so, how does it differentiate between the projects?
I attempted to debug with this and it gave me a number of errors on exit.

I don't have a "Build" tab, nor can I find the conditional variables.  And I'm using VB.  I know!  I know! :realmad:

slappy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
Ok the conditional variables are out then... What about this multiple project thing?  Does express cause issue with it?  Since we are discussing assemblies, does the language matter?  or is your snippet applicable to the multi-projects?

Sorry for all the questions, like being shown a faster way to watch grass grow.  If I can get it to work.

LE3

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
Don't worry it is fine.

Language does not matter.... as I said do not use an express version, nor the 2010 - I'm still in VS2008 pro, and all of the .NET stuff I do is in C#.

And yes, both projects share the same code, they simple have different references only those that are required to target version/platform specific.... I think that's it is explain in plain English, I hope.

Again, no idea if that can be done in vs express, maybe others wil help you on that.

Ok the conditional variables are out then... What about this multiple project thing?  Does express cause issue with it?  Since we are discussing assemblies, does the language matter?  or is your snippet applicable to the multi-projects?

Sorry for all the questions, like being shown a faster way to watch grass grow.  If I can get it to work.