Author Topic: Problems with Breaking lines and blocks  (Read 6874 times)

ademontis

Re: Problems with Breaking lines and blocks
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 04:23:16 AM »
IMO ... the mask option seems like the easiest\cleanest route. Why is it that you cannot redefine the blocks? If you have a library of blocks, you spend a day adding the mask then you never have to worry about trimming again.  :-P

In some of my blocks I use a solid background that is color 255 and it has worked well (even better than wipeouts). Attached is an example.

I could if I were allowed to, but we draw P&IDs for clients that have their own blocks (different standards) and we are not allowed to redefine them.  :|

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »
If lots of people want it modified I might consider changing the code around so that it may be called with an inserted block and will trim that block... this way, one could call it with (entlast) following a tool palette insertion...

Finally got around to doing this...

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=35832.0

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Lee did this one a while back...

http://lee-mac.com/autoblockbreak.html
that is pretty sweet!  I did notice that for dynamic blocks, it defines the trimming boundary as if all geometry is turned on, not just what is visible.  not a big deal to me because having to extend the lines back to the valve symbol is still less work than trimming.
I noticed this issue as well and thought I might try to take a look at it when I get the time, but if someone gets to it first, then so be it.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »
Lee did this one a while back...

http://lee-mac.com/autoblockbreak.html
that is pretty sweet!  I did notice that for dynamic blocks, it defines the trimming boundary as if all geometry is turned on, not just what is visible.  not a big deal to me because having to extend the lines back to the valve symbol is still less work than trimming.
I noticed this issue as well and thought I might try to take a look at it when I get the time, but if someone gets to it first, then so be it.

A difficult one, since the code currently uses the BoundingBox method to retrieve the block outline, the fix might involve dissecting the block into its component parts (depending upon those objects visible in the current state), and using the BoundingBox method on several objects to construct a block outline. Of course, an alternative would be to use the Boundary Polyline command, but I should imagine this would lead to inconsistent results in many cases.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
[...]
I think it depends on the PDF Printer - some people report that wipeouts show up, others don't.
That's why you should make the color of wipeouts 255 as well. ;)
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
[...]
I think it depends on the PDF Printer - some people report that wipeouts show up, others don't.
That's why you should make the color of wipeouts 255 as well. ;)
Damn Crank, that's a great idea. Does it actually work?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
It works: I use this for all my wipeouts, and never had (or heared of) problems with solids in pdf-files.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection